Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Shadow's Kiss (Shadow Series, #1)
This topic is about Shadow's Kiss
Self-Promotion > Opinions on Book Cover?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.M. (new) - added it

T.M. Hart | 20 comments Anyone willing to provide some input on a cover? If you were scrolling through books, would you stop and check this one out? Or would you scroll on by? Do you feel it fits in the UF/PNR genre? Is it not dramatic enough? I would love any honest opinions! Thank you!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3 comments I love it. It would def make me stop and check the book blurb.

message 3: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (bookloverbrandy) | 17 comments It's pretty but I doubt it would grab my attention. Covers on my kindle are black & white. This cover is pretty dark, put it into black & white and in a thumbnail view? I'd most likely pass by it.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michker) | 23 comments yeeeeesss this is a book cover i would stop for it, it is everything, i was looking at it and searching for the info on the book before i realized it was only a cover.

message 5: by T.M. (last edited Jul 29, 2018 07:12PM) (new) - added it

T.M. Hart | 20 comments Thank you, Diana. I really appreciate you taking the time to give your input!

Brandy, yes! The thumbnail aspect definitely makes things more difficult. Thank you so much!

Michelle, awesome! Thanks, doll! ...It is a book that's published. I just have a different cover (the original) on my page here on goodreads. But this is the current cover for the book on amazon/kindle. Thanks so much for your opinion!

message 6: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (romeowyn) | 32 comments Beautiful and intriguing :)

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Farley (traceyfarley) | 16 comments Book covers are the visual art the world within the pages. Usually, I check out the cover. It does grab my eyes to see what lies between the covers.

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 367 comments It's pretty but very YA generic and doesn't speak of UF in the least.

Not enough to capture my attention, in fact, it's a hard pass from me as it's so similar to so many others.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate Morgan | 4 comments I love this cover! It would draw me in for sure

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 228 comments It made me stop and look at it. Very lovely. It is pretty dark and contrast is low, but I love the idea of the underwater and stars above.

Not sure if I've ever seen side boob on a cover before. ^_-

message 11: by T.M. (new) - added it

T.M. Hart | 20 comments Thanks so much, all! I genuinely appreciate the input <3