Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > getting my books to show up on my author page

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (new)

Deb Brammer (goodreadscomdebbrammer) | 7 comments I've seriously messed up my author page and can't get it to come right. I want one edition of each of my books to show on my author page. I tried combining editions and that wasn't right. Merging editions is supposed to delete extra entries, but that deleted some of my books. I tried adding books to add the ones that were missing, but that seems to be for books that aren't in the data base. I've spent many confusing hours on this and can't fix it. Can you tell me how to post books on my author page that are already in the database? It should be simple, but it seems to be impossible and I can't find any info on this. Thanks so much.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18437 comments I separated and recombined them properly. Only combine editions of the same work with each other.

message 3: by Abcdarian (last edited Jul 29, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments If you are trying to add new editions using existing ISBNs but new covers, please make a request for each one and a librarian can help you. (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...)

message 4: by Deb (new)

Deb Brammer (goodreadscomdebbrammer) | 7 comments Deb wrote: "I've seriously messed up my author page and can't get it to come right. I want one edition of each of my books to show on my author page. I tried combining editions and that wasn't right. Merging e..."

Scott wrote: "I separated and recombined them properly. Only combine editions of the same work with each other."

Thanks for helping, but two of my books still have the older edition, not the current one. This is the third cover for Broken Windows and it should have a green background with a spotlight and Broken Windows in white letters. Deja Who? should have an orange background with Deja Who? in white letters.

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments As author, you can set which edition shows as the default; here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

If the edition you want is not on Goodreads yet, see my message #3.

message 6: by Deb (new)

Deb Brammer (goodreadscomdebbrammer) | 7 comments I tried this but it doesn't work. It only gives me the option of the outdated cover. It doesn't give me the option of the new cover which has a green background even though that's the current cover. As I look at it again now I think I've spotted the problem, but don't know how to fix it. When I rebranded the series I changed the series name from "The Keyhole Mysteries" to the "Art Spotlight Mysteries." Both of these are listed on my author page as "Keyhole Mysteries." I would try to figure out how to change this myself, but every time I do I make a major mess of it. Can you please help me know how to change the old edition to the new one for these two books so only the new edition will show on my page?

message 7: by Deb (new)

Deb Brammer (goodreadscomdebbrammer) | 7 comments Hi, I've been waiting for a reply for over a week to this. Can anyone help me change these books to the new editions as Art Spotlight Mysteries with different covers than the originals? As an author I want to be able to say that the Goodreads system will work with you to find a solution to problems like this, even if it takes time. Amazon has changed my cover and series name and I know Goodreads is related so I hope this problem has a solution. I really appreciate anyone who can help me.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23787 comments Unfortunately, librarians cannot do default editions, we are volunteers.

I'd try again to see if it was a caching problem, and if it doesn't work you'll need to contact support for assistance. Abcdarian's instructions are in msg #5.

support @ goodreads (dot) com OR
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 9: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I think she may need help sorting out ACEs; looks like the new covers don't have ISBN/ASINs.

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb Brammer (goodreadscomdebbrammer) | 7 comments I tried this again using instructions from message 5 and navigated to the page by "search books" instead of clicking on the old cover. That worked for Broken Windows!! But it didn't work for Deja Who? So I guess I'll request assistance as you suggest in message 3. Thanks for your reply.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Deb wrote: "So I guess I'll request assistance as you suggest in message 3."

If you choose this option, rather than the one suggested in post #8, you need to start a new thread, not post in one linked to another book.