Addermire Institute (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Syracuse > | fated light underground club (defacto)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 1501 comments Mod
description
description
description
--- while open to the general public, many defacto members
recruit others here. certain harbingers can even be found
roaming the dance floor and trailing the vip section

message 2: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments The Black Widow was a woman who loved to watch people make bad decisions. Sitting in a dark club mostly populated by rich drug addicts really gave you a perspective on how many impulsive decisions people really made. You would be surprised as to how many overdoses happened in those bathrooms each day. That wasnt something she worried about; it was simply the circle of life. You were born, you lived, you died in an ecstasy fueled nightmare, and a vampire mob boss drank your blood. Live fast die young, as many of these kids said. Of course, though, she preferred a... much more expensive drink. That was what was currently being lazily mixed around in her glass as she zoned out. She sat on a lavish couch in the VIP section. Across from her was one of her less important business partners. He was oh so boring, and not that pretty either. Rolling her eyes, she vaguely gestured towards the door. "Yes, yes, I've heard enough. Go get drunk. Buy a hooker. Ill message you in the morning." By the time he opened her mouth to protest, she had already risen to her feet. She didn't care what he thought, she was on the search for someone far more entertaining.

message 3: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Normally, if Elio hadn't spent two weeks crying his eyes out, held up in his dorm room mourning Antoni's death, he might have been enticed by the club around him. A club he'd never even heard of. There were a lot of illegal backstreet undergrounds in Syracuse, in fact it was a major contribution to the economy ironically enough. He stared at the VIP section, an open area guarded by... gargoyles? He couldn't tell what they were. But he'd pushed through the crowd well enough and he was looking for one person in particular. The Black Widow. He'd heard of her before, through whispers and hushed voices. She had connections, and he had no other options. His eyes were red and puffy, hair a mess, clothes wrinkled. He was desperate. But the faintest flicker of hope ran through him when he caught sight of her, "Hey!" he shouted out, earning some rather conspicuous glares from each of the men guarding the red rope.

message 4: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments She had been very excited to take another sip from her glass when she heard someone yell in her general direction. Rude. Despite that, she took her sweet time with the glass. Baby blood was far sweeter than adult blood, and was a fantastic starter for the night. It coated the throat so very nicely, and the races with better smell always immediately got a sense of who she was as a person. In the brief second she kept her back turned, she sniffed the air. Mutt. She'd make sure to tell the guards to be careful when pulling him out- oh. Turning around, she saw the saddest looking kid she had ever seen in her life. Well, it was either that or he was on more drugs than she could count. She didn't pity him, of course, but her interest was definitely peaked. Nadia raised her hand, telling the guards to let the kid through with a single gesture.

message 5: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio was surprised when they stepped aside for him, eyes widening just slightly. His body language had completely shifted. Typically he was outgoing, laidback even, just overall open. But as he walked he pushed his hands into his sweatshirt, gaze downcast. If his wolf ears were out they'd probably be bent forward against his head, tail between his legs. He approached but stopped several feet away out of respect. He knew what she was. He knew how vampires could be. "... Hi." he said, unsure of how to explain the situation.

message 6: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments Hm. This werewolf seemed to somewhat know what he was doing. At least, he was simply so used to pack dynamics he knew an alpha bitch when he saw one. She was pleasantly surprised. Normally wolves were at the very least full of themselves. The younger they were, the more they believed they knew about the world. This one was only a puppy and seemed as if he'd stared right in the face of devastation himself. "First off, you do not yell at me. I give you my attention when I either believe you have earned it, or when I pity you enough to give it to you. Your case is the second, and you are incredibly lucky of that. Do not think that because I have let you in I cannot make sure you never see the light of day again." Right after she spoke that threat, she put on a calm and warm smile. "Now, come sit darling. I'm not going to talk about business standing here like an animal." She lead him to the far back, where there was a small table with a deck of cards sitting face down. Sitting down in one seat, she waited for him to take the one across from her. "Now, what did you come here for?"

message 7: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Though he certainly listened to her, he simply didn't care enough to express his concerns. He wasn't concerned at all - that was the problem. If she killed him, what would he lose? He couldn't blame her though, he'd contemplated killing himself these past couple of days. This was his only hope. "I..." he started after sitting down in front of her, swallowing harshly. "Uhm... I just... You're right I shouldn't have... yelled" he almost whispered, "Someone I care about a lot he's - he's gone and I don't know who did it, I just want- I don't know what I want but.." he was struggling with words, tears kicking at the back of his eyes again - even when he'd thought he'd cried every last one there was always more.

message 8: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "Oh, how sad," she purred. It was not quite sarcastic, but not quite genuine either.... The Widow was a woman who worked her magic in maybes and not yets. Her existance was nothing close to a somewhat, though, being next to her often made people feel better than they truly were. She knew exactly how to make or break a person, and this boy seemed like he'd already been digging his way below rock bottom. "Would you mind if we played a game while we speak? It's so much easier to focus when my hands are doing something."

message 9: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio stared down at the cards and nodded, "We can play" he murmured, furrowing his brows, "... I want to find out who did it, and I wanna fucking kill them" he suddenly spoke, his voice far firmer than before as his jaw tensed and his hands balled into fists, "and I..." he looked away, thinking for a moment, trying to formulate the words in his mind. How could he just ask to bring someone back? Was that even possible?

message 10: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments Of course she knew who did it. The Widow knew everything that happened in her kingdom. Still, she gave him no hint that she had any clue what he was speaking of. Instead, she shuffled the deck and pretended to think. "How about war? Whoever pulls the highest card wins." She placed the deck back down in the middle of the table, waiting patiently for him to draw. "Now, do you wish to kill them yourself, or do you want me to hire a hitman for you? Information, sadly, is far more expensive, and I dont work in money. Why would I? I could buy and sell anyone in this club as I wish. Although, if you win, perhaps I'll think about telling you. It's far more fun that way."

message 11: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio stared down at the deck and his gaze became far more intense, eyes piercing green. They flickered up to meet her gaze and he shook his head, "Anything" he suddenly spoke. He wasn't the type to beat around the bush, "I will do anything to kill them. Whoever it is, I want to be able to do it." he drew a card. He'd never played this game in his life.

message 12: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments Her hand was almost teasingly slow as she picked up her own card. "Anything is a dangerous word, Darling, you should know better than to throw it around so willy nilly. Bad people will take that phrase and run." Looking at her card, she sighed softly and tossed it down on the table. "Three of hearts. I suppose my luck isn't that good today. I assume you got higher than that trash card, yes?" She leaned back in the chair, pushing a hand through her long hair. She was playing up the sweet woman who wanted the best for him, of course. The way to this boy's heart was motherly love.

message 13: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

He stared down at his card, "Ace of spades" he replied warily. He didn't trust her, but his nature was getting the best of him, he loosened his posture a bit, listening to her closely, "... What do you want from me then?" he asked, gaze expectant.

message 14: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments The second she heard the card, she couldnt help but smile. Wasn't that a funny little coincidence? Looking at the card, it was almost as if she could feel the pain of that spade being burned into her tongue once more. Eh, whatever; you always had to trade a little pain for power. "Hm, interesting. Im happy to give you the information for free. The girl is a brat, and the enemy of your enemy is your friend, after all. Her name is Annabelle Wright, and she has been getting on my nerves since she arrived in Syracuse. She doesn't have an ounce of respect, that one." She took the two cards and placed them in a separate pile. "Loser draws first." Drawing again, this time she kept a poker face. "I assume there's something else you want from me, though. People dont come to me for a single name."

message 15: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio's eyes widened and he nearly fell out of his chair. He thought they were friends. He thought... He thought he'd gotten through to her. He'd seen her in the halls, smiled at her and laughed with her. He thought they were friends. "She..." he turned his gaze down, taking a moment to think about this. He needed a little time to process things.

message 16: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "Oh, I take it you know her? Good for you, not many people are even able to speak to her. That shows much about your character." She seemed hardly surprised, casually tapping her card against the table. "Draw, sweetheart. You'll be able to think about it later, right now we talk about what we are planning to do. Sure, I could let you rip her to shreds the second you leave this place, but you'll be caught immediately. Mutts are messy. That leaves decisions. This person you lost was your mate, I assume?"

message 17: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

He drew the eight of hearts, glancing up at her and only offering the faintest of nods in response to her last question. He wasn't so sure if he wanted to kill a fourteen year old girl. He wasn't sure if his anger really pushed him to that extent. Annie... couldn't be evil. Could she?

message 18: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "10 of clubs. As for what we could do, of course there's kidnapping, torture, hit men, I can do everything and anything you ask for. If she killed this boy, I'm positive she deserves it. Even the members of Defacto don't go as far as to kill their own. You cannot trust her." She placed her card on the table. Wolves were dumb, of course, but she'd be surprised if it was this easy to catch this boy in her web. "The story is so tragic, puppy love like the sort you obviously had deserves so much more time. Perhaps Im just a romantic, but I absolutely cannot simply sit by and watch revenge be the end of it all. You boys need a happy ending."

message 19: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio furrowed his brows and glared at her suddenly, "Are you patronizing me?" he demanded, narrowing his eyes at her as he tensed, "Cause no offense mam but you don't look the type to give a damn about two gay highschool students, and the fact that you're tryna convince me that you do - that's... suspicious" he pointed out.

message 20: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments Nadia laughed, completely casual despite the boy's suspicion. "Please darling, I dont have time for silly accusations. Of course Im not patronizing you, I consider myself a true romantic at heart. When you live through Shakespeare, you're always looking for stories that compare. Sadly, very little does anymore, but yours... it does have that comedic ring to it. Do you know how to tell his tragedies from his comedies?" She raised an eyebrow, that just slightly truthful smile still present on her lips. "There's always a wedding at the end of a comedy. Besides, if your success takes down someone I dislike, why shouldn't I be invested?"

message 21: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

He didn't look completely convinced, but what choice did he have? He nodded slowly, "... I... guess that makes sense" he replied, glancing at the cards. "I.... I wanna know if there's a way to bring him back" he admitted, leaning back in his chair.

message 22: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "You want to bring him back," she repeated. "How bold of you." They went through a few more rounds -most of which she won, of course- while she was seemingly deep in thought about what to possibly do next. Eventually she clicked her long nails against the table once more. "And I suppose you want my help to do that. Of course, I can help you, but not many people enjoy what the price would be for something like that... Are you sure you would want to continue if you're forced to give up, in your own words, anything?"

message 23: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio stared at her, struggling to fathom just how far anything could go. He nodded firmly, "I'm one hundred percent sure." he replied, furrowing his brows. Though now that he knew who'd killed him - he was at a crossroads. He vaguely knew what Annie was capable of - and if he could really get Antoni back then what was the point in killing her? An eye for an eye and the whole world would go blind. He sat back in his chair, rubbing his temples. He hadn't slept in days. He hadn't eaten for longer.

message 24: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "I was hoping you'd say that." She winked, pushing the cards to the side of the table. "What I want, darling, is your utmost loyalty. And, of course, a little bit of blood. Just as insurance. Ill make sure to keep it safe; you aren't the first person's loyalty I've bought." She took another sip from her blood cocktail, staring the boy in front of her down. He didn't realize how dangerous he would become if he said no. He'd seen her face, seen her base of operation; there was very little currently stopping him from simply walking out of there and telling thr crown's guard himself. She needed to have something over him besides the idea of bringing his mate back.

message 25: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio was gullible, he was naive, he was a kid. And though he was strong - quite a lot stronger than he realized - he didn't at all know that. But he was also intuitive, and intuitively... he had a bad feeling. But this was for Antoni. He held his hand out, "Deal" he said finally.

message 26: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments The Black Widow shook his hand. Snapping her fingers, one of the few people who were in the section walked over with a small vial. They were a shorter androgynous mage who was obviously not just kept around for their power. Hickeys and the occasional bite mark decorated their neck, and they didn't bother to hide them. Flashing a fanged smile, she took the vial. Pulling a dagger from a sheath hidden under her dress, she placed both instruments in front of Elio. "If you're squeamish about nicking yourself, feel free to ask for help. The last thing I want is to have you pass out."

message 27: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio stared at the dagger and furrowed his brows, shaking his head slowly. He was far too distraught to care. So he took the dagger and slid it down his palm, letting the blood spill out into the vial, the wound already beginning to heal. He watched silently, hands trembling as he did so.

message 28: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments The second the scent of blood hit the air, Nadia made a face. "Ugh, I forgot how horrible wolf blood smelled. Thank god Im no longer forced to prey off of you pups!" Laughing, she corked the bottle and passed it to the person who had brought it. "Thank you, Saturn, you truly are lovely. Put these with the others for me?" In a flash they were gone. Turning her attention back to the teenager in front of her, she rested her chin in her hand. "So, has this boy been buried yet, or is he still in the morgue? This all will be much more complicated if he's buried, of course, but my necromancers know how to make it look as if he crawled from the grave itself."

message 29: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

He didn't seem bothered by her reaction, sighing quietly though, as if perhaps a little annoyed. Most people reacted like that. "... I don't know... They took his body but they haven't held a service yet" he spoke quietly, staring down at the table and furrowing his brows in thought. Certainly if they buried him they'd hold a service right?

message 30: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "Whatever, I suppose we'll find out soon enough! I have to add in a small disclaimer, though: necromancy is still experimental at best. He could come back deformed, not quite mentally there, or it may not even work at all. The mages are good at what they do, yes, but it is still an unpredictable art form. Now that that's aside, I must ask to get rid of all these formalities." She kept on that casual smile despite his less than satisfactory reaction. She'd rather him take offense than be annoyed. People are so unpredictable. "What is your name? Id introduce myself, but Im sure you already know who I am."

message 31: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"I don't know your name" he admitted, frowning faintly. He knew she went by Black Widow. He knew she was someone to be feared (though he didn't particularly fear her), he knew her actions spoke volumes. And for her reputation, he respected her. "... Elio." he said simply. He wasn't about get on his knees and thank her for her work. He was grateful that she'd try, that was more than he could say about Cara, or the other headmaster. But he was also wary. As he was with most people. Not to mention several days of not eating and sleeping didn't exactly put him in a state of elation.

message 32: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "Oh, I'm sure you do! Everyone calls me the Black Widow, or the Widow if the previous is too much of a mouthful." For the first time in the entire conversation, Nadia had placed her attention somewhere other than Elio. She scanned around the room, looking nearly like a cat scanning the grass for a mouse. She was elegant in her wolfish demeanor. Many other memebers of Defacto didn't hold the same amount of grace she did. They were all hell bent on extermination as if they weren't rats themselves. That was neither here nor there, though, and she still worked alongside them. "Elio, what a fascinating name. Are your parents from Spain, perhaps?"

message 33: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio tensed at the question, looking away quickly. He didn't know where his parents were from. He didn't exactly have any. "... Italian" he clarified, not pressing on any further into that topic. It was clearly still a sore spot. "... Your name isn't Widow. You have a name, people just don't know it"

message 34: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "A name is simply a word people use to refer to you. Im referred to by Widow, am I not? Therefore it is my name." She noted his discomfort with the question. That sure did narrow down ways to get to him. It was either abuse issues or orphan, although she suspected the second. Orphans fought for what they had harder than anyone else. She knew that better than anyone. "Im very old, who is it to say that my name hasnt been forgotten?"

message 35: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"That's not your name though. It's an idea. It's the expectation of you, it's like your title. Like your pseudoname... I dunno. That's all you." he shook his head, dropping it, "What do I need to do? To get him back?" he quickly asked.

message 36: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "Im not opposed to you giving me a nickname of sorts. Many of my... acquaintances name me different things. Jacqueline, Kala, Diamond is one if my personal favorites." She winked. "Oh, don't worry, you won't be doing the dirty work. I dont recommend following my necromancers, but if you really want to I'll be sure to turn a blind eye. Because I really do like you, Elio. Now I know what they mean when they talk about how puppies are able to capture your heart."

message 37: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio's eyes widened faintly and he stared at her a moment, furrowing his brows in thought before suddenly stepping forward, suddenly hugging her loosely. It wasn't a demanding sort of hug, not one that she couldn't easily slip out of. But he was a very affectionate person - he wasn't the greatest at communicating how he felt.

message 38: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments Nadia was surprised by the sudden affection, to say the least. She had been choked, shot, hit, and fingerblasted until she couldn't walk straight for a week, but she hadn't been hugged in hundreds of years. She hadnt realized how touch starved she had been until that very moment. She wasn't a mother; in all her years of life she had made damn sure of that. But Elio was so young, 20 at most, with a slight baby face and... what would Tobias say if he saw her now? Hell, what would Cricket say? Together they'd tell her she'd gone soft, that she was no longer focused on the cause. This was something neither of them could ever know. She was tense at first, yet hugged the poor kid back. "You be careful now, alright? The world is fond of an eye for an eye, and once he's back Im sure it will want you to repay it. I don't want my newest recruit to be found dead in a sewer, you hear me boy?" she whispered before letting go. Okay. That was enough vulnerability for the day. She needed to kill something to feel like a bad bitch again. Grabbing her glass of baby blood, she downed the rest.

message 39: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Elio pulled away and glanced around, memorizing the faces of those he could see. He nodded, "Yeah... okay." he agreed. Though he was still at a crossroads. Annie had killed his mate. But Annie was a fourteen year old girl, a victim of circumstance. And he wasn't a vigilante. He wasn't the one who dealt justice - he was just the guy on the short end of the stick. He took a deep breath, "... you stay safe too" he suddenly spoke before turning, shoving his hands in his pockets and ducking out.

message 40: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments ((imma hit the hay soon cause i got work in the morning but we got two options on where we could go from here: either elio accompanies random necromancer #1 and watches the ritual or we could skip to maybe a week or so afterward and see antoni navigate being alive again?? idk unless u want something else!!))

message 41: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

<< ah no we can skip cause i dont think he'd want to see the ritual, he'd probably feel bad just for bringing antoni back - cause he feels that's super selfish of him
should we go back to the dorm? >>

message 42: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments ((yeah sure!! i can post first then imma go 2 bed lmao))

message 43: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

<< cool cool >>

message 44: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Denali was wary, wading through the crowds of drunken idiots and making her way towards a velvet rope, glancing between the two bouncers, absolutely riddled with paranoia. She'd spoken to Tobias a good three times, and this last conversation they'd had, he directed her to a woman that went by Black Widow. A harbinger. Someone who would train her, so more like a mentor. Denali wasn't great with people, but this woman was. "Let me in" she demanded of them, furrowing her brows.

message 45: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments Nadia was absolutely exhausted. With the release of Lin, she had been feeling as if all of her energy had been sapped. No matter how much she drank, no matter how much she fucked, no matter how much cocaine she snorted, she was always exhausted. Laying on a black leather couch, she took her fourth asprin of the hour for her killer headache. Did this shit even work on vampires? Who knew. She sure didn't. She layed there until someone tapped on her shoulder. Growling, she was about to tell him off before he told her the princess was at the rope. Shit. She wasn't supposed to come until tomorrow. Waving him off, the Widow stood up and made her way to the front. "Denali, darling! It's so nice to meet you. Boys, boys, let her through."

message 46: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Denali glared up at them venomously as she walked past. Even in her "disguise" she walked with an unmistakable pride. She was a princess of Portermount and it was abundantly clear in her elegant shoulders and careful stride, with her chin held up even as she approached Nadia. Her brow raised, eyes flickering over the woman. Though she'd never admit it, she was a bit jealous of the woman's curves, she was quite small, which really accentuated her massive ego. "... You're... The Black Widow?" she questioned coldly.

message 47: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments "Id be careful with that tone, Dear. Marie Antoinette was polite even before death. I expect the same basic respect from you." Her words were spoken lightly, but had a dangerous undertone to them. She turned her back on the princess to walk to a more secluded corner, not looking to see if she would follow suit. If she didn't, so be it, one of the others in the VIP section would likely prey on her instead. Crossing her legs, she leaned back in the chair. Her exhaustion was evident even when she was doing her best to hide it.

message 48: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Though she remained mostly leveled in expression, the corner of her lips twitched downwards and she averted her eyes. It was hard not to be intimidated. The woman had it all. She followed in suit, arms folding over one another, "I came, I think that in itself is just about as much respect as you need" she replied just as coldly as before. She was a princess, she had standards to meet.

message 49: by goblin gender (new)

goblin gender (blanketedmelody) | 439 comments The second Denali sat down, the Widow gave her a poisonous smile. "Oh, Im absolutely sorry for interrupting, but could you fetch me something to drink? Im absolutely parched. Thank you." Her tone left no room for her to disobey. It was sickeningly sweet, of course, but radiated danger. Everything about her radiated danger.

message 50: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Denali raised her brows, opening her mouth to speak before closing it quickly. She gritted her teeth, turning and walking over to the bar, "Water" she grumbled to the man, waiting impatiently and tapping her nails along the glass surface below her.

« previous 1