Year-long NaNo discussion

SA 2018 > Space Corps Academy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Santi (last edited Jul 30, 2018 07:09PM) (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 4 comments Goal - 1500 WPD
Starting - July 29, 2018

I'm writing this as a bit of an action/drama/comedy for fun. The lines I find the funniest of were the most fun to write will be added here too.

message 2: by Santi (new)

Santi A (santialessio) | 4 comments Days 1 and 2: 3,628 Words
Chapters 1 and 2

Best Lines
Sure, his soldier was unaware that he was to be tied up and dropped in the den of a dragon-esque beast on an unfamiliar planet, and that sounded bad. But the man survived.

---

“I prayed all morning for this to be just a rumor,” she huffed. “I knew I should have attended church more often.”

---

"He’s hot. He looks like a male version of you, kind of.”
“I’m honored?”
“You should be.”

---

The man Winnie was sitting with was fine. He introduced himself as Cory and she introduced herself as Rosanna. After all, if she was going to be someone else for a night she might as well go all out.

Rosanna was a student at a small liberal arts college in Philly named after some old British guy. She was just visiting D.C. because she’d never been to a city with real, breathable air that could be accessed without a protective mask. Sure, it was a bit of a dark story, but one had to give Rosanna a break. After all, her parents worked two jobs a piece when she was growing up, living paycheck by paycheck before she got a great scholarship and they knew everything would be fine.

Cory loved Rosanna. She was everything the Hadleys were not. She was grounded, sophisticated, intelligent. Winnie kind of liked her, too.

---

Winnie let out a sharp sigh. “Why do single men go to clubs alone?”

“If we brought our better looking friends we’d never have a shot with women like you,” he said, shrugging. “Though I think sometimes people forget that you guys don’t always need a reference to see who is and isn’t attractive. Especially in a room as decently lit as this one.”