Art Lovers discussion

Polls > Poll Posted July 29, 2018

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8352 comments I would just like to ask an honest question and appreciate your feedback. I have an idea. IN YOUR OPINION, WOULD YOU CONSIDER INTERIOR DECORATING ART? Please back up your choice with a comment below, that would be very helpful to me. Of course, only if you so desire.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

*I had a difficult time sending 'invites' for you to vote on the poll, the page kept timing out so I would try again. I am SO SORRY if some of you got more than one notification about this same poll!

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments It´s an art form but not a fine art. I put it in a similar but not identical category as making book marks out of leaves, or painting boulders on a college campus. It does take a fine artistic sensibility to be a good interior decorator and the very best are better than many painters and sculptors, but no, it´s a commercial art like graphic design of tabloids and annual reports. Again, the very best merits my respect and admiration-the weakest, barely my respect.

message 3: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8352 comments 49 Votes! Outstanding!

I want to thank everyone for the comments and votes! This has been very helpful! As we have the majority considering Interior Decor at least some type of art, I will work on the folder. It might take me a bit of time, but I think it will be interesting anyway and could create some great discussion such as here.

Thank you all!