Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Experienced reader with openings right now!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy Smith | 68 comments Good afternoon, Ashley. I have a book you might be able to beta read for me. Actually it's the first in a completed fantasy series of five books. Here's the blurb, or query letter to see if you might be interested.

Mike’s walking with his girlfriend, Violet, when he experiences a fall and awakens in a world where magic is real. He befriends a young woman as he works to reach Violet whom he believes to be there also. Unfortunately, as he’s comforting this new friend after her puppy has been killed, Violet pops in and reacts poorly. In a jealous, magical rage, she transforms Mike into Michelle before she disappears to join her fellow, soon to be world dominators.
This is when Mike, now Michelle, learns Violet was summoned here; her previously unknown magical abilities trained and enhanced by renegade mages to help them with their plans. They want to take over this world and many more that are connected via unseen doorways. He joins the quest to stop those mages in the hope that he can find Violet, get her to restore his male self and to stop the coming war. He soon realizes that this is no fairy-tale; magic is not fun, it’s deadly.
When Michelle embarks on this quest, she’s joined by her new friend who feels responsible for her transformation. As Michelle realizes her female friend is falling in love with her, she struggles with feelings of her own; she’s falling in love with her friend.
Perhaps returning to her home world as a male is not quite as important as she first thought. If she can survive, save this world, and the connected worlds, maybe she can embrace love… wherever she finds it.

I could send you the book, or a few chapters if you're interested.
Thanks for your time and perhaps offer to read.
Randy

message 2: by Nicolina (new)

Nicolina Martin | 8 comments Hi! I mailed you. :)

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) | 15 comments Nicolina wrote: "Hi! I mailed you. :)"

Thanks, I'll email you back soon!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Williams (asgwilli) | 15 comments Randy wrote: "Good afternoon, Ashley. I have a book you might be able to beta read for me. Actually it's the first in a completed fantasy series of five books. Here's the blurb, or query letter to see if you mig..."

Hi Randy,
Your premise definitely sounds intriguing, though I do have some follow-up questions regarding the subject matter. Could you message on here or email me?
Thanks,
Ashley

message 5: by Randy (new)

Randy Smith | 68 comments Hi Ashley, I sent you an email. Feel free to ask me as many questions as you like.
Thanks, Randy

message 6: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Hi, I just emailed you. Thanks in advance!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily K. Hi Ashley, are you still open to beta reading? I have a 74K YA contemporary.

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 102 comments Hi! I'm seeking a beta reader for a Gothic ghost story. It's a short piece at only 1,800 words. It's a dark story with measured pace, teasing the reader to the twist ending.

My issue with the story is something feels off. I can't pinpoint what the issue might be, and I hope a beta reader or two can help remedy this. I'm too close to the work, and I need a second pair of eyes,

Please message me here, or email me at katdevittauthor (@) gmail (.) com.

message 9: by David (new)

David Burton (goodreadscomdcburtonjr) | 16 comments Hi,
I'm looking for a Beta Reader for a revised edition of a psychological thriller, Fear Killer.
It's a bit graphic in a few scenes if that's a concern.
You can email me at dcburtonjr@gmail.com or reply here.
Thanks for considering Fear Killer.
Cheers.

A cautionary tale, the psychological suspense novel Fear Killer is the story of Emily Perrit, a beautiful but timid young woman victimized by an abusive, adulterous husband. When Emily is attacked by an intruder in her home, she surprises herself by fighting off and finally killing the man. Seeing the fear in his dying eyes, something snaps inside her. She has never made anybody afraid before. She is no longer willing to be a victim. Her need to see that fear again soon becomes an obsession, with deadly consequences.
A Female Detective, Martha Newton, helps her as a victim as she hunts her as a killer.

message 10: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction about the Richards family, based on the plantation named Newcastle in South Carolina. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. The slave conversations in the opening chapters are written in Gullah the original slave language translated to English by footnotes.

message 11: by Joyce (new)

Joyce A. | 4 comments Hi Ashley!

I'm looking for BETA readers for my completed 75,000 word fictional Women's fiction novel.

Meet Annie! Island native and local realtor. Annie is telling my real life stories and true life adventures as a Realtor and Mortgage Broker on Cape Cod with a little poetic license.

It's a fun fast paced read with lots of laughs, raised eyebrows and a good all around feeling.

Thanks for your consideration.
Joyce