Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Swarm of negative reviews

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex Day (thatalexday) | 2 comments I know I'm supposed to flag negative reviews instead of posting here, but this is a slightly different issue: my book isn't actually out yet, so it's impossible for people to rate/review it.

I've flagged reviews, but I can't flag one-star ratings being made by a group of people targeting my book because they believe I shouldn't be releasing it (for reasons related to me that have nothing to do with the book itself). None of these people have actually read it, and now MY friends are rating it 5-stars in response, but they're all just arguing about my right to release the thing, rather than anything constructive about the book itself (which I reiterate: nobody has read yet).

The book's out next Sunday and I'm requesting my ratings/reviews be wiped clean until then. I have already flagged reviews but had no change, and it's impossible to flag the numerous 1-star ratings which don't help Goodreads as a community to decide my book's worth.

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Please contact support (at) goodreads (dot) com about any questionable reviews.

Librarians cannot help with this, only staff can (I'm not saying that they will remove them, though).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.