Star Trek discussion

Memory Alpha (books & comics) > darkness of post nemesis universer

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 10 comments Just wanted to get a discussion going regarding the tone of the post-nemesis books...How dark the universe has become. SPOILERS: the Borg invasion, the assassination of President Bacco....kind of sad, imo, really. While it makes for some pretty good drama and storytelling, in my mind, it kind of negates the original themes....Thoughts?

message 2: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Harbeke | 14 comments Those events are dark, but I think they are balanced out by some of the other events in the time period like the Andorian crisis getting resolved or the Mirror Universe turning around a bit in Rise Like Lions.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 10 comments The Andorian crisis was not a bad plot line. I do think the assassination and the Borg invasion just went over the top in terms of angst. Especially the Borg invasion. picture Risa destroyed...all those worlds...billions and billions killed. Just not my cup of tea!

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan  (ryanp) | 1 comments I could have done without the extreme emphasis on politics in the Post-Nemesis ST lit, but I've been pleased for the most part. I feel like Star Trek fiction has been plagued with "events", sort of like you see in Marvel and DC comics crossovers. Every storyline is epic in scale and will change the Star Trek Universe forever. I'm glad that in the last couple of years they have moved on to more self-contained "science-fiction" stories.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Rubinstein | 10 comments I appreciate one volume self-contained stories. It's difficult finding the novels, and series can be a pain.