Melanie Dickerson Fan Club discussion

Hagenheim/Fairy Tale Romance > The Warrior Maiden

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments This is where we can fangirl (aka freak out) about The Warrior Maiden.

I haven't even read Orphan's Wish yet, and I already can't wait for this one. xD

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments Yeah totally April!! Welcome to the group... not everyone is active anymore, but some of us still are. I hope you enjoy reading Melanie Dickerson! She's definitely a great author... lol

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments Definitely, Melanie has had blessed gift from God! And no problem, we have a couple people who are all ages. Thanks for the compliment. >.<

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments ;)

message 5: by Tori (new)

Tori Young | 4 comments For sure! Welcome! So what does everyone kind of expect from this book? Like idek what to think because I feel like I don't know anything about Wolfgang and I'm not sure how the Mulan thing is going to happen in fifteenth century Germany??

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments I'm super excited to read it!! I mean Mulan is my favorite Disney Princess... and I've always really, really, really, really, liked Wolfgang!! xD .... It's WOLFGANG!! ( lol... 😂 )

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments Same! >3

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments What's weird?

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments Haha April, that's fine for being 14 :)
I am too!!

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments Am also super excited for Warrior Maiden!!
Bought The Orphan's Wish and am saving it for a lazy day!!

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments I don't have much info on Wolfgang either, but with a name like that.. I'm sure the story will be just as interesting!

message 12: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments I used to LOVE Melanie's books, then I branched out to try different authors and genres, and I have to admit that she remains in my top 5 author's pick!! (and I read around 300 books per year)

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments That's amazing Maria! ;)

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments Thanks Hannah and April :)

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments Yeah, I love violin music too ;)
I've only been playing for around 4 years, but I love it. I still like playing piano better, but violin is still great! It's challenging but very rewarding!

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments That's cool!! Violin is my favorite instrument!! 😀

message 17: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments :D

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments Cool! Well, hope you gets of great inspiration listening to violin music :D

message 19: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments You should!! It's an amazing instrument. Also, once you learn piano, it's much easier to pick up other instruments :)

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments :)

message 21: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments I've been really super absent from Goodreads but I'm glad people are still commenting in this group! ❤❤ @April, you said you won't mind how much Melanie Dickerson changes the story and I completely agree! After reading one of her books for the first time I knew that the point wasn't really to retell a story (which is already done so much by other authors) but to tell a whole new story with elements of the old, and I like that. I like to spot all the different details that make the story *like* the story that inspired it, but I also like all the elements that make her stories unique. I'm excited to see what she's done with this one.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments So true Princess Emilia!!

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments Agreed!! That's why i like Melanie so much!! 😊

message 24: by Arnetta (new)

Arnetta | 3 comments Princess Emilia wrote: "I've been really super absent from Goodreads but I'm glad people are still commenting in this group! ❤❤ @April, you said you won't mind how much Melanie Dickerson changes the story and I completely..." I am behind now 2 books from Melanie. She is truly a gifted writer and I am happy to get caught up. I love how you see the pieces of the familiar story we all know and love, but with so many new pieces - it's really an entirely new story! She is brilliant IMHO how she weaves it all together. Can't wait to get caught up.

message 25: by Princess Emilia (new)

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 1655 comments Funny story, on Saturday i went to Barnes & Noble with my friend and neither of us expected to see Warrior Maiden on the shelves yet because it was our understanding that it wouldn't come out until about a week or so later. So anyway, we both spotted it almost simultaneously and started freaking out right there in the store and decided we both had to get a copy xD fast forward to the next day, I showed my mom and she said she had already preordered it for me before Christmas and was expecting it to show up soon, so I guess I'll be returning the one I just bought lol

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 157 comments Ha!! That's awesome!! I haven't bought it yet, because I have to read the 7th + 8th one first xD!! 😁 I just like to savor each book before rushing to the next one! ;)

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Kilsby (realitywriter) | 148 comments Got the book and am LOVING it!!!!!!

message 28: by Maria (new)

Maria | 63 comments Yay!! Enjoy it! I hope to get it soon XD

message 29: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 6 comments I just finished this one. I loved it! The characters were very creative and I loved the twists! I read it in less than 24 hours, as I do with most of Melanie's books! I would definitely suggest it to anyone who hasn't read it yet!