Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Dead Girl Running (Cape Charade, #1)
This topic is about Dead Girl Running
Non-Linda Books of the Month > August '18 non-LH BOTM - Dead Girl Running

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new)

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 1121 comments Mod
I have three confessions to make:
1. I've got the scar of gunshot on my forehead.
2. I don't remember an entire year of my life.
3. My name is Kellen Adams...and that's half a lie.

Girl running...from a year she can't remember, from a husband she prays is dead, from homelessness and fear. Tough, capable Kellen Adams takes a job as assistant manager of a remote vacation resort on the North Pacific Coast. There amid the towering storms and the lashing waves, she hopes to find sanctuary. But when she discovers a woman's dead and mutilated body, she's soon trying to keep her own secrets while investigating first one murder...then another.

Now every guest and employee is a suspect. Every friendly face a mask. Every kind word a lie. Kellen's driven to defend her job, her friends and the place she's come to call home. Yet she wonders--with the scar of a gunshot on her forehead and amnesia that leaves her unsure of her own past--could the killer be staring her in the face?

message 2: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Have it ready to start. Have to finish some other books first, then diving in. Hope you all can get it and join discussion.

BTW: Dead Girl Running is on sale for $3.59 at Amazon for the Kindle book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Girl-Runn...

message 3: by Eve (last edited Aug 11, 2018 09:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments I am reading Dead Girl Running. Beginning is a little confusing because of all those characters but story sounds very interesting.
I read from somewhere it ends with a cliffhanger. Hope it just not end in the middle of the scene but its one of those well done cliffhangers!

Anyone else have read / reading / planning to read DGR? What did you think of it?

message 4: by Eve (last edited Aug 16, 2018 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Just finished DGR and I loved this one so much that I tried to savor the chapters instead of rushing through.

I loved it! I'm so glad Patricia was not the heroine of this story because Kellen was more interesting character to follow. From timid abused wife into a strong and capable woman. I really liked Kellen, her strenght and gutsy attitude. Her past was heartbreaking but she turned into someone her cousin would have been proud of...
I liked setting -- storm, everyone trapped in a nearly empty hotel, someone sinister lurking in the shadows. There's large cast of charecters under suspicion.
I so liked that there were no villain's POVs because too often they give away too much -- instead of adding to the story, they spoil all the mystery and suspense. But not in this one.
I was also suprised that the romantic love interest was not immediately apparent. It had me wondering and guessing, not sure where it will all go. The end was really big surprise.
Can't wait to read book #2 in the Cape Charade series!

Marika | 78 comments Got it Friday and started to read yesterday. So far really enjoying it. Love its atmosphere and characters.

message 6: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Marika, great to hear you enjoy it.

Marika | 78 comments Just finished...and LOVED it!!

Interesting plot...unique characters...enough suspense-mystery to keep me entertained. I also enjoyed lack of villains POV. Its so rare these days but it makes such a big difference in positive way.

message 8: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments Glad you loved it Marika :)
Good beginning for another good series by Ms Dodd.