Play Book Tag discussion

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Cinder
July 2018: Dystopian > Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ShazM | 359 comments I actually read this for a different challenge as a reworking of a classic fairy tale and I've given it three stars.

I don't read a lot of YA but I did enjoy this and the whole premise is very clever. It wasn't hard to work out where it was going and I did enjoy spotting the parallels with Cinderella and other fairy stories.

The reason it only gets three from me is that I felt no satisfaction at the end. I knew it was part of a series and I don't mind when a book hints at future events but in this case I felt that there was absolutely no resolution to the events of this episode and I'm afraid I didn't like it enough to buy the next so that's that.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I actually just read the whole series......one per month. I found the world intriguing. Even though there was some predictability, there were some surprises and I liked the characters.

KateNZ | 2215 comments I’ve read all four principal stories recently and liked them too. Some fun characters. Nothing deep, but the world building was good and the fairy tale cross-overs made for an interesting angle. ‘Cinder’ was my favourite I think, probably because of the novelty