Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA SciFi/Fantasy - 1st 3 Chapters

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Seeking a beta reader for the first three chapters of my manuscript. Please let me know if you're interested. Main focus: opening scene, world-building, and pacing.

Hiromi, a seventeen-year-old virology intern, holds the secret to saving thousands of people from a deadly virus—if she’s willing to watch her best friend die.

The Konadai virus is a lab-created nightmare of magic and science that turns its victims into flesh-hungry mutants. When Hiromi’s father dies from the disease, she becomes obsessed with finding a cure. She ventures beyond the safety of the city walls joined by her friends, Kenji and Tidus, and their military unit.

During their mission, they are attacked by a Konadai and Tidus is bitten. But when he doesn’t produce any infection symptoms, Hiromi suspects he may hold the key to curing the virus. Kenji tries to convince her to keep their friends’ immunity a secret, fearing the extraction could kill him, but Tidus wants to help. Now Hiromi must choose between the lives of thousands or the life of her friend.

message 2: by Shivani (new)

Shivani | 8 comments Do you want an overall opinion or an elaborate review?

message 3: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Shivani wrote: "Do you want an overall opinion or an elaborate review?"

Overall opinion. What works and what needs work.

message 4: by Shivani (new)

Shivani | 8 comments Okay. Count me in :)

message 5: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Shivani wrote: "Okay. Count me in :)"

Great thanks! Email me at elisastryker@gmail.com and I'll send you the chapters in word doc

message 6: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Still looking

message 7: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 75 comments If you are still looking beta readers, please feel free to contact me.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (nakceb) | 19 comments Sounds like an interesting premise and I would be happy to read and give feedback if you are still looking :)

message 9: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Zero wrote: "If you are still looking beta readers, please feel free to contact me."

I just sent a message

message 10: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Rebecca wrote: "Sounds like an interesting premise and I would be happy to read and give feedback if you are still looking :)"

Hi Rebecca, yes I'm still looking for readers