Addermire Institute (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Syracuse > | the forgotten vale - defacto hall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (last edited Jul 28, 2018 10:21PM) (new)

The Outsider (Whales or Whatever) (davekatislife) | 1501 comments Mod
description
description
description
------ open rp, common meeting place for defacto members,
quite a ways away from the inner sanctum

message 2: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

She'd felt the release of the next primordial before she'd known. It wasn't like the tremor but it certainly was similar. Only this one didn't really leave her feeling paranoid, Auset could feel like that all on her own damn self. No, this one left her feeling a little confused. Sin and Tobias didn't tell her jack shit. She wished they'd communicate a little more with the lowers, especially Tobias - who could honestly be a bit of a prick sometimes.

But she was eager to meet whoever it was. Surely if they purposely let out a primordial it'd be a new attendee right? She assumed at least. She sat on the edge of the pool, staring down into the water with her jeans rolled up to her knees and her feet wading through the gentle waves.

message 3: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin was of course free to roam these "Defacto" halls and rooms or whatever even though she didn't fulling understand what the word meant or what it was intended for. She'd been very curious as to what had changed without her in the world and had surprisingly stared at a weird light source with no fire for a few minutes. Where in the world was the light coming from from within this glass container? Other people probably thought she was stupid for not knowing but hey, the last time she'd even interacted with the world was back in the Trojan war and as Sin had explained to her, that was over.

Wandering throughout the halls and still staring at the weird lights, Lin was surprised to come up to a huge pool of water. She didn't have anything on that seemed proper for jumping into a pool of water but from her standards, swim gear wasn't a thing yet. Slowly making her way into the water, she just grinned as her entire bottom half of her body was submerged in the liquid. Sighing in happiness and calmness all in one breath, she wadded through the water slowly, surprisingly careful not to splash anything anywhere.

message 4: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

The sounds that Lin made in the water drew Auset's gaze towards her, expression speculative and suspicious as she slowly stood and approached. "You ain't got no towel do you?" she folded her arms, "You're gonna get water everywhere" she added.

She hadn't seen the girl around before. She didn't even consider that she could possibly be talking to an actual primordial.

message 5: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Looking up at the girl, Lin just continued to wade in the water. No she wasn’t ignoring the girl, neither was she interested in doing so. This was the first sparked she’d met ever since her release and she was interested in how they acted. Shaking her head, she just chuckled. “Nope! Is there a problem with water getting everywhere in here and messing everything up? I apologize but I didn’t seem to see any rules around here, do you?”

message 6: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset rolled her eyes and glanced back at the two empty halls that led to this particular corner. She'd always found the architecture around here weird. Probably because it was built into a literal system of caves. "Who are you anyways?" she questioned, changing the topic. She'd originally meant to ask that - but she wasn't very good at conversation.

message 7: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin floated on her back, placing her arms behind her head in relaxation. It wasn't a wonder that she'd ask Lin for her name and of course she was expecting so. It seemed everyone you meet asked for your name. But this was the first person she'd meet after- oh she should stop thinking about that. "Lin, and you?" She responded, turning her head to look at the woman.

message 8: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Admittedly, she'd been taken aback. Typically people didn't just go by their first names here. Some of them had pseudonames to hide their identity, and she'd moreso been asking for Lin's rank - but she supposed it was her own fault for not just straight up asking to begin with.

"... Auset" she replied, her expression softening at the girl.

message 9: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments "Auset?" Lin said curiously, turning onto her stomach. Strangely, she seemed to float on top of the water with little to no effort. Something Lin seemed to learn to do long ago. "What a nice name to be completely honest with you. What. . . might you do here in this place?" Curious like she always was with everything, Lin tried very hard to put a more serious tone into her voice. Completely failing and knowing it might cause something to occur, she just put a questionable look onto her face.

message 10: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset was suspicious, though she knew that Lin wouldn't be here if they weren't on the same side so she calmed the hell down, taking a deep breath, "... Sometimes I kill people that need to die. Other times I recruit. The majority of the time I just clean up after people" she admitted begrudgingly, "What do you do around here? Moral support?" she questioned.

message 11: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin sorta tensed at the deep breath but soon calmed herself when she started talking. Chuckling at the last part, the female proceeded to answer Auset truthfully. "Me? Oh well gally, I just got here! You're the first person I've talked to in a long time, other than Sin but he's just eh, if you know what I mean." Giving a slight wink, she moved herself to stand on the bottom of the pool instead of floating atop of it.

message 12: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

She stared at the girl a moment, furrowing her brows, perplexed. "... I..." she trailed for a moment, shaking her head, "No I don't know what you mean" she added, her tone just a little more confrontational than it really needed to be.

message 13: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments "Oh," Lin hummed, trailing after her response as well. Maybe she'd never meet Sin? Or maybe, they weren't allowed to see him? Who knew. Certainly not Lin. But that wasn't the issue, what seemed more intriguing was the fact that Auset didn't seem to understand things Lin said. Was it pure luck? Probably not being the only things she clearly knew was this was her home now. Might as well get used to it. "That's a shame. Wish you understood. I'd make things alot funnier."

message 14: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset stared at her and the longer she watched the more perplexed she grew, struggling to determine what exactly she was - even going as far as to use her seer sight and still coming up with just about nothing, "... What are you?" she asked bluntly.

message 15: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments "What am I?" Lin asked back, noticing Auset stare at her longer than normal. "I am what you might call the personality of a creature, something that defines themselves in a more common matter. It's not that hard to understand if you're willing to put in the effort. But just to makes things a bit easier for you I'll narrow it down." Clearing her throat, Lin quickly just spit it out. "Chaos Neutral. Now the real question is, what are you?"

message 16: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"You don't have to get so damn defensive" she murmured hurriedly, desperately trying to over compensate for the minor oopsie. She wasn't sure if maybe she could face a penalty for giving a primordial some attitude - either she felt out of her element, "I'm a gorgon, I thought a primordial would have been able to tell" she said simply, cynically.

message 17: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin grinned, licking her lips. "That's what I was made for and the last time I checked, being a primordial doesn't mean I have to be a know it all. It's good to ask questions every now and again. I thought gorgons were supposed to know that," she kicked back, the grin going sour. If this woman was about to give her some attitude, she'd give it right back to her.

message 18: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips, her chin tilted upwards in defiance. Oh. So it was going to be like that then? "I don't like you" she suddenly stated. It was fact now, she decided. She didn't like this Lin chick. Sure she didn't like most people, but this chick in particular had just made her shitlist.

message 19: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin held her grin, it continuing to get wider and more dangerous looking with every second that passes by. Even then Lin realized this, she was going to have an amazing time with this Auset. "Hmm, I don't like you either," she stated, poking her wet finger onto the gorgon's nose with an even wider smile coming in. They've just meet and Lin's already having an amazing time making new non deceased friends.

message 20: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset's nose wrinkled up in distaste and she took a step back, "You might be a thousand years old but I'm not afraid of decking you" she threatened, "So stay out of my bubble, capisce?" she demanded, tensing up further.

message 21: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Even after Auset backed away, Lin kept the finger in place as she still continued on smiling. "Caposh," she replied, making up a word that seemed all silly and stupid all at once. "But I don't see you having a bubble around you. What might a bubble be again? Sorry I guess my thousand years old brain doesn't seem to remember. Maybe a youngin like yourself might be able to help me out, ey?"

message 22: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

She calmed herself, the slightest bit of incredulity flashing across her prominent features as she leaned against the wall, "People got this thing - it's called personal space, right? My bubble it like, a foot out. Pop my bubble and I'll pop you" she explained as though it were obvious, the threatening tone her voice had gone though.

message 23: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin just listened into what Auset had to say. It was quite useful to be honest but once she stated the last fact the primordial’s face went sour. “Pop me? My my, you have a temper like my own. I might actually come to like you one day, Auset the one who kills those who deserve it.” Fluttering her eyelids, Lin just started to dry out her hair by twisting the long locks and squeezing to try to get most of the water out. “You know what Auset? I think a gorgon like yourself seems to know when a fights coming ey?” Leaning a little closer to the woman, Lin’s voice dropped to a whisper. “Don’t start nothing we don’t want, capisce?”

message 24: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset rolled her eyes but didn't continue to instigate anything else. She was smart enough to know that maybe starting shit with a primordial wasn't exactly the best course of action. "... How long were you put away then?" she suddenly asked. She'd never heard any of the real stories, only the fake ones that the headmistress told, the kind of folk lore her mom used to tell her before bed each night when she was a little girl. She never thought that one day she might actually get to meet a primordial in the flesh.

message 25: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin just nodded silently, pulling herself away from Auset and sitting on the ledge of the pool near here. At least the dust had settled. Well for now. She wasn’t surprised by the question coming out but she was indeed curious as to why the question came out at that time. “Well I don’t now exactly for how long but I will tell you this. The last thing I remember before the darkness and chains was this, the Trojan War.”

message 26: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"Oh. Well fuck" she cursed, raising her brows at Lin in surprise. "Yeah babe you've been outta the game for a long ass time. Damn. Where exactly did they lock you? Was it shitty? Was there a snack bar at least?" She asked, genuinely curious. Did primordials even need to eat?

message 27: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin just laughed, happy that someone was actually curious about where the hell she’d been for the past eons. It genuinely surprised her that someone was interested in that information. Hoping to give Auset a clear vision of her home for the last centuries, Lin tried her best to explain it. “Well no, there literally wasn’t anything there. Just walls of stone and nah I wouldn’t care for a snack bar or whatever. I did though miss having water. Ever had your throat feel like a desert for years and years?” Lin chuckled again, swaying her feet through the water creating small whirlpools.

message 28: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"So like... A cave?" Auset asked as she pulled a protein bar out of her pocket and began unwrapping it. She had an awful habit of never actually eating full meals. A side effect of constantly being on the go.

message 29: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin nodded slowly her eyes fixed on the water below her. Hearing the sound of something very strange, she looked up at the thing Auset seemed to be opening. "What, is that? It's so loud," she complained, shivering slightly by the continuous sound of the material scrapping against itself. It was so annoying, what kind of thing would make a sound like that?

message 30: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset raised her brows at Lin, staring down at the protein bar and shrugging, "It's like... a food bar." she broke off a piece of the tip and held it out to the other, "It's cookies and cream.... you know what cookies are right?" she asked, suddenly realized that Lin probably didn't know much in the context of everyday society.

message 31: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin stared at the piece of the “food bar” and took it into her hands to stare at it closer. “Yes I know what cookies are I’m not that old,” she joked, glancing at it as she thought of what to do. “So. . . you just eat it? No dipping or cooking or drying out? Nothing?”

message 32: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"... Yeah just eat it" She replied, a bit of snark leaking through her words, as if Lin should have already known to begin with. She couldn't quite help it though - being confrontational had always been in her nature.

message 33: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments “Okay whatever,” Lin stated, popping the tiny piece into her mouth. As all food does, when she bit into it the taste of the cookies and cream filled her mouth and her eyebrows perked up in interest. “These, mhmm, are very good. So you just fit this amazing thing into that tiny bag, take it with you and eat it?” She laird back onto the floor, reaching her hands up to the sky. “It’s revolutionary!”

message 34: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (last edited Aug 03, 2018 03:40PM) (new)

"Yeah they're protein bars babe, it's not rocket science." she rolled her eyes, though the corner of her lip did perk up in amusement. This Lin chick wasn't all that bad. Aside from being annoying. But Auset found most people annoying - if not all of them. Existence was annoying.

message 35: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin just looked over at Auset, her face a mess of confusion. “Rocket science? Oh well I better not ask or I might get a fist to the face for being annoying.” Sighing, she lifted a hand to her head and grinned. “I’ll ask all the questions later and I mean all the questions. I’d like to know more about this whole “rocket science” or whatever the fuck it’s called.”

message 36: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

She nodded, "Yeah you've... missed a lot." she took her phone out and gazed down at it for a moment, sitting down on one of the benches and patting the spot beside her, despite Lin being a bit damp from the rather impractical swim from earlier. "Come 'ere" she ordered.

message 37: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Nodding with Auset because she knew she was telling the truth, Lin just looked over at her yet again to notice her take something out and pat a spot next to her and order “come here”. Thinking about the order for a moment, Lin remembered how much she’d missed and stood up to wade over to her and take the offered seat. “Well,” she clearly stated, not taking a second glance at the object the gorgon was holding, even when it seemed to have the glow of all of little light sources everywhere.

message 38: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset unlocked her phone and scrolled through, tilting her head, opening up her browser, "This, this is called google, doll. You ask it a question and it answers you, kinda." she explained haphazardly, failing to mention that not every source was exactly reputable. But what did it matter anyways? "And don't get it wet - the phone, it'll break if you do" she added warily.

message 39: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments "So, it'll tell you anything?" Lin asked, looking down at the phone curiously. "That seems quite powerful for it to fit in that tiny thing. What else can it do? Tell time?" Reaching to touch it, Lin pulled her hand back quickly when Auset stated not to get it wet. Things can break while getting wet? she thought, tucking her hand into a pocket of her wet pants. Weird. "Oh! Can it state your name?"

message 40: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

She seemed confused, tilting her head, "Can it- What? Why would I... Oh my lord doll no I'm sayin this because you need to learn yourself some shit. Aight? Cause if you can't tell a protein bar from a brownie then you're gonna have some serious problems. Now, ask a question." she turned on the google voice, staring at Lin expectantly.

message 41: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin face went red, mostly from embarrassment but some from that fact that Auset was actually trying to teach her something. It was an old saying that popped into her head and made her grin: "You can teach an old dog new tricks." Turning to look back down at the phone, Lin's face started to calm a bit down color wise right before Auset turned something on and told her to ask it a question. Thinking about it very briefly, she made her decision and spoke. "What day is it today?" She asked, glancing up towards Auset with a questionable look on her face.

message 42: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

A voice started from the phone, a woman's voice though clearly robotic in tone. It stated the date after a short chime. Auset raised a brow, "Okay. Now ask it somethin else" she urged. She knew Lin would get it eventually.

message 43: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Hearing the voice creeped her out at first but once it told her the date it seemed pretty clear to her that it was made to do that. Made to speak and never make its own decisions. That seemed to trouble Lin as she tapped the phone, her hands now all dry but her clothing couldn't say the same just yet. "Where is the voice coming from? Is there a tiny human stuck inside with a weird voice coming though," she asked, clearly and unknowingly stupidly talking about something so simple. Hearing Auset tell her to ask it something else, Lin just spoke her "funniest thing" she could come up with. "Ask me a question."

message 44: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (last edited Aug 04, 2018 06:23PM) (new)

Auset stared down at the device and blinked, "Uh... it's artificial intelligence, so we made it to mimic real intelligent thought processes" she explained as eloquently as she could, though she wasn't too sure on how all that stuff worked to begin with. She raised a brow when it asked Lin how her day was going.

message 45: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments "Arta?- never mind." Lin stated with a chuckle, knowing she had a shit ton of things to learn. Other than that word, she seemed to understand what the thing was made for though, making this encounter a bit easier for the old dog to understand. "Umm, fine actually," she answered back, a cheesy smile passing over her face. Waiting awhile for google to respond but it never doing so, Lin looked back up at Auset. "Another one?"

message 46: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset blinked faintly, but nodded and pressed the button, holding it up to Lin, "Aight, go ahead" she replied, leaning back against the bench. Now Auset didn't typically think about what would ensue if she'd just randomly stumbled across a primordial, but she certainly hadn't expected it to be as casually pleasant and perhaps even a little domestic as this.

message 47: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin waited for Auset to press the button once more wondering what kind of question she would ask. The gorgon had said something about how it would answer questions about things that the person asking about would ask and that's exactly what Lin needed right now. Taking a deep breath and waiting until a second after the button had been pressed again, Lin spoke her thoughts. "What happened in the last hundred years?" Holding her breath afterwards, she waited for the thing to think.

message 48: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

Auset blinked at the vague statement and calmly sat the phone onto Lin's fingers, letting her listen along as it read out information from wikipedia pages and official history websites. Though she wasn't very good at retaining information, she expected Lin would be, what with her being a primordial and all.

message 49: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 115 comments Lin let Auset lay the phone in her hands, listening to the woman talking to hear all about the things she'd missed. After it was finished, she just set the phone down on the floor and sighed. That's what I've missed?! She thought, slamming a fist into the floor. And that was only one year. One year. Pulling her legs up out of the water, she wrapped her arms around them and pulled her legs up to her chest. "Thank you. . . for that."

message 50: by The Outsider (Whales or Whatever), gay eldritch whale god (new)

"... no problemo" she muttered quietly, raising her brows as she watched Lin react. She pulled her own legs up to her chest, "You can learn ya know, I mean sure you missed a lot of shit but there's still more shit to hit the fan anyways so like... don't sweat it. You can have my phone for a while if you want - just don't open my snapchat gallery.." she chuckled sheepishly, looking away with a faint blush.

« previous 1