We Read Stuff discussion

The Beauty, Vol. 1
This topic is about The Beauty, Vol. 1
Books of the Month 2018 > The Beauty, Vol. 1 - August 2018 GNotM

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Discussion thread for The Beauty, Vol. 1.

Modern society is obsessed with outward beauty. What if there was a way to guarantee you could become more and more beautiful every day? What if it was a sexually transmitted disease?

In the world of The Beauty, physical perfection is only one sexual encounter away. The vast majority of the population has taken advantage of it, but Detectives Vaughn and Foster will soon discover it comes at a terrible cost. Now, they'll have to find their way past corrupt politicians, vengeful federal agents, and a terrifying mercenary out to collect the price on their heads.

Don't forget to use spoiler tags where appropriate :)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I just finished reading this, and while I did enjoy it, I'm not for sure if I'll pick up the other volumes. The plot was engaging, but I wasn't a huge fan of the art style, and I think that threw me off. My favorite part of the story was probably the character of Vaughn - she reminded me a lot of other female bad ass cops in entertainment who don't take anyone's BS, like Debra Morgan from Dexter or Olivia Benson from SVU. Overall, a fun read and I'd recommend it to others, but it wasn't fantastic.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Elizabeth wrote: "I just finished reading this, and while I did enjoy it, I'm not for sure if I'll pick up the other volumes. The plot was engaging, but I wasn't a huge fan of the art style, and I think that threw m..."

Vaugh is totally my favorite character of this volume as well. I have read Vol. 2 and I really enjoyed both. Hoping to get myself a copy of vol. 3 soon.