Challenge Corner discussion

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
This topic is about The Darkest Minds
Let's Buddy! - Series > The Darkest Minds Series by Alexandra Bracken--Starting August 7th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (last edited Jul 28, 2018 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something frightening enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that got her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that had killed most of America’s children, but she and the others emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they could not control.

Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones. When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. She is on the run, desperate to find the only safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who have escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents. When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at having a life worth living.

Lane (crookshanksandcoffee) | 440 comments Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapter 7 (view spoiler)
Chapter 10 (view spoiler)
Chapter 18 (view spoiler)
Chapter 25 (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapters 1-5: (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapters 6-12: (view spoiler)

Chapters 13-19: (view spoiler)

message 6: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - added it

Felicia | 14751 comments Mod
I need to read this after I finish Obsidio! I want to go see the movie!

Chapters 20-25: (view spoiler)

message 8: by Jenn (last edited Aug 03, 2018 05:01PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finished: (view spoiler)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments Felicia wrote: "I need to read this after I finish Obsidio! I want to go see the movie!"

The movie looks so good!

message 10: by Jenn (last edited Aug 03, 2018 06:34PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapters 1-5: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapters 6-10: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapter 11-14: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 15-19: (view spoiler)

message 14: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

message 15: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5) by Alexandra Bracken
In Time: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
Ch. 10 (view spoiler)

message 17: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5) by Alexandra Bracken
Sparks Rise: (view spoiler)

message 18: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
CH 16 (view spoiler)

message 19: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Beyond the Night:

50%: (view spoiler)

message 20: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (last edited Aug 07, 2018 08:49PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Ch. 25 (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

message 21: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapters 1-8: (view spoiler)

message 22: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2119 comments The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4) by Alexandra Bracken
Chapters 9-16: (view spoiler)

message 23: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 17- 23: (view spoiler)

message 24: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chapters 24-32: (view spoiler)

message 25: by Jenn (new) - rated it 3 stars

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1501 comments The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
4% (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1501 comments The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
10% (view spoiler)

18% (view spoiler)

28% (view spoiler)

Finished! (view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1501 comments Andrea wrote: "The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
Ch. 10 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1501 comments Andrea wrote: "The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
CH 16 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Ch. 25 [spoilers removed]

Finished [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - added it

I've only gotten through the first like 50 pages. But it's kinda interesting and kinda not at the same time. Hoping it picks up. But my sister loved this book and some other friends. So fingers crossed.

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 1501 comments Felicia wrote: "I've only gotten through the first like 50 pages. But it's kinda interesting and kinda not at the same time. Hoping it picks up. But my sister loved this book and some other friends. So fingers cro..."

I didn't really feel "invested" in the story until about a third of the way through it. After that, I couldn't put it down. So stick with it. It's worth it. =)

message 36: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - added it

End of chapter nine. (view spoiler)

message 37: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken
Ch. 10 (view spoiler)

Ch. 19 (view spoiler)

Ch. 25 (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

message 38: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken
Ch. 10 (view spoiler)

message 39: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Ch. 17 (view spoiler)

message 40: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Ch. 21 (view spoiler)

message 41: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Finished (view spoiler)

message 42: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4) by Alexandra Bracken
Ch. 8 (view spoiler)

Ch. 16 (view spoiler)

Ch. 23 (view spoiler)

Ch. 32 (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

message 43: by Keri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Keri | 1834 comments Vanessa wrote: "Felicia wrote: "I've only gotten through the first like 50 pages. But it's kinda interesting and kinda not at the same time. Hoping it picks up. But my sister loved this book and some other friends..."

I’m reading this too now and it’s the same way I felt. It took me until around page 120-130 to feel invested and now I’m reading a lot faster. Before that I went so slow because I just wasn’t feeling like I wanted to pick it up and read. I’m glad it’s picked up now.

message 44: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Through the Dark (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5) by Alexandra Bracken
In Time (view spoiler)

message 45: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 49913 comments Mod
i'm so far behind :(

message 46: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andy | 7021 comments Mod
Alaina wrote: "i'm so far behind :("

Yeah you is! Read at work ;)

message 47: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea wrote: "Alaina wrote: "i'm so far behind :("

Yeah you is! Read at work ;)"

BIIIIISH I DON'T HAVE THE BOOK

message 48: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'll bring it tomorrow

message 49: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

or call out "sick"

message 50: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

or call out "dead"

« previous 1