Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

The Banker’s Wife
This topic is about The Banker’s Wife
Group Read - The Banker's Wife > Group Read - The Banker's Wife General no spoilers

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Thanks Russ for the suggestion for our September group read! We may start a bit earlier if I can get a copy to set up the comment threads but don't worry we will leave the discussion up for anyone not yet ready.
The chapters are all alternating character names (and repeating!) So when someone gets a copy of the print book let me know and we'll go by page ranges for the breaks.
Are you planning on reading the book?

message 2: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments I've ordered a copy from the library so will let you know when I get it.

message 3: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments I got my copy today! (Digital audio) and will start the comment thtreads in three parts:
Part one - 6 sets of alternating Marina and Annabel chapters 1-12
Part two - 6 sets of alternating Marina and Annabel chapters 13-24
Part three - the last eleven chapters starting with the first Zoey chapter and then alternating with Annabel and Marina.

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Aug 18, 2018 09:18PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments Sounds confusing, LOL!

I'll have to see if I ordered this from the library...

========

edit: #26 on the hold list. yikes!

message 5: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Carol: It is confusing to keep up with the chapters but very good so far. It turns out the first 12 chapters are almost half of the book. Oops.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sounds confusing, LOL!
I'll have to see if I ordered this from the library...
========
edit: #26 on the hold list. yikes!"

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments Ann, are you listening to this? I'm tempted to use an Audible credit, since I'm not working up to the top of the library list very quickly... (from #26 to #25 in a week...)

message 7: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Carol: I am listening to it, it grabs you right in, I’m not sure I would use a hard earned audible credit for it....but if you have one you can spare the narration is very good.

message 8: by Kayleigh (new) - added it

Kayleigh | 14 comments I’ve reserved the book from the library... but currently no books are available for loan :(:(

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Sep 08, 2018 09:49AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments Ann wrote: "Carol: I am listening to it, it grabs you right in, I’m not sure I would use a hard earned audible credit for it....but if you have one you can spare the narration is very good."

Ann, it came in at the library so I started it a few days ago. It dragged at first, took sooooo long for the first act pivotal scene to unfold, but now I'm hooked on finding out what secrets are being withheld and why....

-----
edit: I think this comment is about Pieces of Her, as I haven't started The Banker’s Wife yet. Don't know how it wound up here!

message 10: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Carol: I am always thrilled when I can save an audible credit by using the library.!

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments Ann wrote: "Carol: I am always thrilled when I can save an audible credit by using the library.!"

I know. And I jealously guard these... I have twice had to reach out to Audible to restore a credit I lost because I wasn't paying attention at the invoice date. They have always been amazingly responsive.

Bruce Perrin | 127 comments Ooops! This book came in a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot it was a Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends pick. I finished and returned it to the library a few days ago. So, anyway, I'm not going to try to remember what I was thinking after each third of the book, but I'll add my final thoughts in the last thread.

Thanks, Russ, for suggesting it. I enjoyed it.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I really liked the author's style with this one. It kept me intrigued.