The Feminist Orchestra Bookclub discussion

Threads by Members > Local In-person Meetups!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra P (new)

Alexandra P (alexandraphobson) | 4 comments Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but saw the notification for the meet up and I was wondering if they're people from England in the group? I'd love to go to a local meet up!

message 2: by Meghan (new)

Meghan (moodeln) | 1 comments Alexandra wrote: "Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but saw the notification for the meet up and I was wondering if they're people from England in the group? I'd love to go to a local meet up!"

I'm in London pretty regularly, so if there was a meetup when I'm in town I'd definitely be interested!

message 3: by Joey (new)

Joey | 2 comments Alexandra wrote: "Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but saw the notification for the meet up and I was wondering if they're people from England in the group? I'd love to go to a local meet up!"

Hey! That sounds like such a plan! I'm literally in London all the time. A meetup would be amazing! :D

message 4: by Alexandra P (new)

Alexandra P (alexandraphobson) | 4 comments Oh man, we finally left London last year and moved to Yorkshire 🙈 but! I can attend a meet up in Leeds, York, Manchester, Liverpool, even Sheffield 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or should I ask again when I have a trip to London planned? Life up north is lonely...

message 5: by Joey (last edited Jul 30, 2018 03:04PM) (new)

Joey | 2 comments Alexandra wrote: "Oh man, we finally left London last year and moved to Yorkshire 🙈 but! I can attend a meet up in Leeds, York, Manchester, Liverpool, even Sheffield 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or should I ask again when I have a trip to..."

We could always rotate our meet ups! Like visit someone in each city if that makes sense. Love being a bit of a tourist! ;) Or we could always meet half way! (black eyed peas style, haha!). Whatever is easiest for everyone! Even if it isn't convenient, at least we have our little corner of the internet to be pals! :) :D

message 6: by Alexandra P (new)

Alexandra P (alexandraphobson) | 4 comments Johanna wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Oh man, we finally left London last year and moved to Yorkshire 🙈 but! I can attend a meet up in Leeds, York, Manchester, Liverpool, even Sheffield 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or should I ask again whe..."

Johanna, you'll love West Yorkshire - it's so beautiful up here and every little town and village have an independent bookshop! There must be more people from North England. Wonder what's the best way to organise it and make sure people can see it? Let me know if you ever fancy a trip up here and I'll let you know next time I'm down south!

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wade (readsanddaydreams) | 15 comments Hi everyone!

I've deleted some earlier posts to keep everything relevant to The Feminist Orchestra, but think this is a great thread to keep open if anyone would like arrange to meet up :)

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Cooke (Bookish Shenanigans) | 3 comments Johanna wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but saw the notification for the meet up and I was wondering if they're people from England in the group? I'd love to go to..."

I'm always in London too, would be lovely to meet up.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wade (readsanddaydreams) | 15 comments WackyRomanticPyrate wrote: "My gatherings are feminist, & *activism*... not sure if you took the time to actually read them: my current women-only invite: https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/......"

Hi there! I apologise - your original messages read as spam, which is why I deleted them, not because feminist activism is unwelcome! All forms of meeting up and sharing ideas is encouraged, just be mindful that this is predominantly a book club.

message 10: by Irum (new)

Irum (irum125) | 4 comments Anyone in Manchester or Liverpool (United Kingdom) hit me up! :)
A little about me:
I'm a 23-year-old student at the University of Manchester in my final year studying a masters of pharmacy degree.

message 11: by Dallyce (new)

Dallyce Potess (dallycepotess) | 3 comments I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth TX area and would love to talk feminist books with anyone near by :)