Polls for Our Souls discussion

Questions > Book Subscriptions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TamaraJ (new)

TamaraJ Reads (tamarapelkey901) | 8 comments I've been thinking about subscribing to one of those monthly book subscription boxes. The only problem is there are so MANY! Do you subscribe to any? If you do which one and why do you like it?

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments I haven't but I really want to as well! I'm most interested in OwlCrate because there is always so many cute bookish things.

message 3: by TamaraJ (new)

TamaraJ Reads (tamarapelkey901) | 8 comments RyanneAndHerBooks wrote: "I haven't but I really want to as well! I'm most interested in OwlCrate because there is always so many cute bookish things."

I was looking at them and Fairyloot. But the bad thing is I'm in the US and Fairyloot is based out of the UK so it would be quite expensive for the monthly subscription. I think I might brave it and subscribe to OwlCrate.

message 4: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (artemisstarlite) | 20 comments I got LitJoy last November and it was pretty good, and I’m getting the August box for Whimsify (mermaid themed 😍🧜🏻‍♂️). I’ve heard good things of them from Hailey in Bookland, so I’m hopeful!

message 5: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 433 comments No, I don't like receiving random books, I'd rather pick them out randomly from the library book shelf!

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (theharlequinbat) I subscribe to Illumicrate. It's a quarterly subscription, but you get loads of book-themed goodies in addition to the books - usually 2 books per box plus 10-15 other items. Some of the things I have got in the past have included book-themed bookmarks, pin badges, mugs, cushions covers, lip balms, candles, sample extracts of upcoming books... They often have exclusive editions of the books they include, and sometimes include signed copies or signed bookplates/letters from an author of one of the included books.

Bookkitten (collector of nice things) (thebookkitten) | 35 comments I fell in love with Owlcrate. They have always so cute and awesome things in their boxes =^-^= You can also skip renewals if you have the monthly subscription.

I havent tried out Fairyloot so far , becuse they have simillar themes to Owlcrate, so the risk of getting a book from Fairyloot you already got previously via Owlcrate is high.

Fairyloot boxes are also sold out very quickly. They offer single purchases though.