Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

In a Dark, Dark Wood
This topic is about In a Dark, Dark Wood
In a Dark, Dark Wood > Chapters 1-6

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
I'm assuming some kind of accident happened. I'm not sure yet.
What is up with Flo? There is something about her that is just off to me.

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
I agree with Andie, Flo is a bit off. In her email to Nora she’s so concerned about her coming out for the Hen because that’s what Clare wanted, but it seemed like Clare had no idea that Nora was even going to be there!

Also, they’re making a huge deal about the gun so that will obviously be a significant park of the climax I’m sure. Nora has already figured out that she shot a gun, so I’m wondering if it’s the same gun.

Shannon (planetshannon) | 28 comments Oh so many red flags of things that could go wrong, hen night in the woods, so many people saying no, the semi-malicious look from Tom, Flo's desperate/determination to do just about anything for the Clare, and of course the gun.

I am actually a little relieved that there was already a reveal that it looks like Nora shot the gun. Or a gun. Everyone's strong reaction to the gun makes it feel unusual enough that one is well more than enough.

It's a little weird for Nora not to reflect on whatever it is that made it so her and Clare don't talk. I would understand if it wasn't in first person, but it's odd that she basically won't think to herself on whatever it is that is. I know it builds tension, but just feels strange. But of course... super curious to whatever it could be! And how everything ends up going horribly wrong. Curious to see what happens next.