Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Protégé
This topic is about The Protégé
35 views
Book Issues > Need to delete a book

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brittany Alexander (brittanysbookblog) | 5 comments I need to delete this book (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...) because it is a duplicate. When you search for this book, it comes up twice and I need to take this one down. Can someone walk me through it?


message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Jul 28, 2018 12:44PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments That is a valid edition with ISBN etc, so no deleting. I combined it with the other editions. There was another paperback edition without ISBN & details; I set that one to merge/be deleted shortly.


Brittany Alexander (brittanysbookblog) | 5 comments Abcdarian wrote: "That is a valid edition with ISBN etc, so no deleting. I combined it with the other editions. There was another paperback edition without ISBN & details; I set that one to merge/be deleted shortly."

I don't know why, but whenever I press combine editions, it will just take me to the author's goodreads page. It's frustrating. Thank you so much for your help!


message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments It takes a librarian. :-)


Brittany Alexander (brittanysbookblog) | 5 comments Abcdarian wrote: "It takes a librarian. :-)"

I thought I was a librarian.


message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments It doesn't say so on your profile page, so I'd say not, unless there's been a glitch.


Brittany Alexander (brittanysbookblog) | 5 comments So even though it lets me add editions I’m not a librarian?


message 8: by Olivia (last edited Jul 28, 2018 01:01PM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Every user can add books to Goodreads.


Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4675 comments Brittany Alexander wrote: "So even though it lets me add editions I’m not a librarian?"

No this came up with another GR member recently & a staff member has said GR are going to look at the wording on the edit page.

Every GR member can add new editions & has a limited time to correct their errors. To be a librarian you have to apply. The application is at the start of the Librarian's Manual https://www.goodreads.com/help/librarian if you would like to apply.

Mention any languages you speak & I have been told the reasons you give for wanting to be a librarian are very important.


Brittany Alexander (brittanysbookblog) | 5 comments Carol ꧁꧂ wrote: "Brittany Alexander wrote: "So even though it lets me add editions I’m not a librarian?"

No this came up with another GR member recently & a staff member has said GR are going to look at the wordin..."


When it says on the application page that you need to have added 50 books to apply, does that mean add 50 editions?


Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4675 comments Brittany Alexander wrote: "Carol ꧁꧂ wrote: "Brittany Alexander wrote: "So even though it lets me add editions I’m not a librarian?"

No this came up with another GR member recently & a staff member has said GR are going to l..."


No you just needed to have added 50 books to your shelves. You have 505 so you are golden.


message 12: by Abcdarian (last edited Jul 28, 2018 01:26PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments It's just adding 50 books to your own shelves I believe, not new ones to the data base, so you're fine there.


back to top