Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Perfect Couple - Elin Hilderbrand - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 220 comments I think this is Elin Hilderbrand's best book ever!

Why? Because it takes her typical Nantucket story (which are always very good) and adds a murder mystery. Was it a murder? The Chief of Police of this island town needs to find out by interviewing all members of the "happy" couple's family and then some.

On the morning of a big, expensive, Nantucket wedding, the maid of honor is found floating in the ocean on the beach in front of the mansion where the wedding is going to be held. The story contains flashbacks of everything going on with the well constructed characters: Celeste, Shooter, Benji, Tag, Greer, Feather (yep). The back stories of these people are, well, the Peyton Place of New England.

Devour this one at the beach, by the pool, or on your air-conditioned living room couch!

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Oh goodness, a wedding-themed mystery with chick-lit undertones? I'm there! I've been meaning to try Erin Hilderbrand, this seems like a perfect first choice.

Added to the TBR, thanks Raine!

message 3: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2322 comments Maybe after the wedding, Joi? 😉

message 4: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments KateNZ wrote: "Maybe after the wedding, Joi? 😉"

Lol! Probably should wait till after the wedding. Although I think the ocean is too far away for someone to end up dead in it the day of.