Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > August 2018 SGoM: ♥ Out for Revenge Romance

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jul 28, 2018 09:02AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

♥ Out for Revenge Romance: Read books in which either hero or heroine is seeking revenge against the other or their family or their fiance or other.

Listopia:
Vengeance Is Mine
Best Vengeful Harlequin Heroes
Bad Ass Women Who Get Revenge
Personal Revenge in Romance Novels
Best Books Featuring Revenge by Female Character(s)

And many more...

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm going to try to get to Sebring (Unfinished Hero, #5) by Kristen Ashley Sebring by Kristen Ashley this month, but my back up will be Finding the Perfect Man by Marie Higgins Finding the Perfect Man by Marie Higgins.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) My revenge book is Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Robin wrote: "My revenge book is Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall."

The blurb sounds fascinating and I love the oldies and Dinah McCall / Sharon Sala.

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jul 29, 2018 03:46PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I bought a some second hand books last months and one of them is His Expert Touch Surrendering All But Her Heart / His Final Bargain / At No Man's Command by Melanie Milburne a 3 in 1 book.
At least 2 "out for revenge" stories.

message 7: by Anita (last edited Jul 29, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I don't have much from this Trope on my "To Read" shelf and the ones I have are all over 400 pages. I may take a pass this month.

message 8: by Kristen (last edited Jul 29, 2018 04:44PM) (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) i'm going to read After the Night by Linda Howard - it's on the first list, and i own it, so sold!

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments I'd really love to read a book for this that is action packed like Mission Impossible or Jason Bourne with a love story intertwined, anyone got any ideas?

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) Anita wrote: "Robin wrote: "The blurb sounds fascinating and I love the oldies and Dinah McCall / Sharon Sala."

I'm planning on reading two of her books in August, one under each name. She's very hit and miss for me, but I've had more luck with McCall than Sala.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Kristen wrote: "i'm going to read After the Night by Linda Howard - it's on the first list, and i own it, so sold!"

Love this one!

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Will have a look at the lists and see if I can find one. My favorite with this theme is Scandal by Amanda Quick . An oldie but a goodie!

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I'm in! I'll have to spend a bit of time reviewing the lists and my personal and public libraries to figure out what I'd like to read. That is one of my favorite parts ;-)

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Lauren wrote: "Love this one!"

I've heard amazing things!

message 15: by Chris (last edited Aug 15, 2018 12:42PM) (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 312 comments Sounds good! Sign me up.

Private Arrangements (The London Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas 8/3 -

Loving Evangeline (Patterson-Cannon Family, #2) by Linda Howard 8/5

Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa Kleypas 8/7

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks 8/15
Not on list, but Lydia Shields seeks revenge on the women who had affairs with her husband.

message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Robin wrote: "Anita wrote: "Robin wrote: "The blurb sounds fascinating and I love the oldies and Dinah McCall / Sharon Sala."

I'm planning on reading two of her books in August, one under each name. She's very hit and miss for me, but I've had more luck with McCall than Sala."

I'm leaning toward Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall for this challenge for two reasons. It's not overly long and like you I'm hit or miss with McCall/Sala, but have much better luck with the McCall books.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Kristen wrote: "i'm going to read After the Night by Linda Howard - it's on the first list, and i own it, so sold!"

Love this one, too!

message 18: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments I found and read Silent Blade (Kinsmen, #1) by Ilona Andrews , which I'd read years ago and then couldn't find in my digital library. I love the world they created, and the second story even more.

Then I found out that Ain't She Sweet by Susan Elizabeth Phillips is on Hoopla as an audiobook, so decided to get that. That book is PERFECT for this challenge. I've read it before and loved it--super popular rich girl who tortured far too many people comes back to the small town where she grew up and has to face the music. The revenge really is purposeful, but the entire experience is complex for all involved. And it isn't about grovelling, but accepting that others have a right to be angry, but also how others have changed. And the family dynamics are all over the place.

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "
Ain't She Sweet by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
"

I'm tempted to do a reread! Huh I'm on a reread roll!!!

message 20: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments ShoSho wrote: "Lara wrote: "
"
I'm tempted to do a reread! Huh I'm on a reread roll!!!"

I love rereads! :-)

message 21: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Starting Sebring (Unfinished Hero, #5) by Kristen Ashley Sebring today...KA is hit or miss for me, but I'm loving this series! I can't put them down, and I love that very little of her other universes touch this one!

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Lara wrote: "
"
I'm tempted to do a reread! Huh I'm on a reread roll!!!"

I love rereads! :-)"

I never used to do rereads but recently I can't get enough of it!

message 24: by Anita (last edited Aug 08, 2018 07:32AM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments As luck would have it, the ARC I just started appears to have a revenge plot too. At least that's how I interpret the last sentence of the first chapter:

"The woman he'd come back to Ireland to destroy."

The book is After Twilight by Dee Davis After Twilight by Dee Davis and even though I'm reading it as an ARC it was published in 2015

message 25: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) okay, i finished my book - After the Night by Linda Howard
have mixed feelings. mostly good, very good. read it one sitting and it has a lot of pros. but some messed up stuff happens and someone didn't grovel nearly enough for me.. but i did really, really enjoy it besides that.

message 26: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) For this challenge I read Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall Chase the Moon by Dinah McCall. The suspense portions of the book were interesting, but I thought the romance was just blah.

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 27: by Divya (new)

Divya Murugesan Nullathemby (divyamuru) | 43 comments I'm back after quite some time. I'm going to go with the Billionaire's blackmailed bride. Better late than never :P

message 28: by Anita (last edited Sep 02, 2018 02:25PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments It's never too late to join our discussions!

message 29: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) Lauren wrote: "Will have a look at the lists and see if I can find one. My favorite with this theme is Scandal by Amanda Quick. An oldie but a goodie!"

I want to read this one too. Its been so long since I have read an Amanda Quick.