Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 16 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (last edited Jul 28, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

GabsAboutBooks Wow this readathon is going by so quickly! We are already into hour 16. What do you like to do when you take a break from reading? I will typically go onto twitter, instagram, or goodreads. I will also make myself something to eat or drink. I tend to stay away from youtube and Netflix when I want to get a lot of reading done because I can get sucked into a show (...RIVERDALE) or youtube videos for HOURS.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth | 111 comments All I've done during breaks is make food or tea, stretch, check in with the readathon, and sleep. I haven't taken other breaks this time.

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Gabby (GabsAboutBooks) wrote: "Wow this readathon is going by so quickly! We are already into hour 16. What do you like to do when you take a break from reading? I will typically go onto twitter, instagram, or goodreads. I will ..."

Usually it's the same for me. This time however I have many more distractions because I'm visiting family in Portugal + tomorrow it's our last day here so have to do all the cleaning, packing, laundry etc

message 4: by Elyse (last edited Jul 28, 2018 11:54AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments It does feel like it's going by so much faster!! Getting sleep out of the way earlier I think helped that! lol. I've been checking in on GR and FB and cooking while listening to my audiobooks. I've started watching American Horror Story from Season 1 (I've only seen Hotel, Roanoke, and Cult) so I'm itching to turn it on, I'm at episode 7. BUT that can and will wait till tomorrow! Probably the only thing I'll be doing tomorrow. lol.

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Elyse wrote: "It does feel like it's going by so much faster!! Getting sleep out of the way earlier I think helped that! lol. I've been checking in on GR and FB and cooking while listening to my audiobooks. I've..."

Love American Horror Story!!! But you're right, you can do that tomorrow 😉

message 6: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett | 0 comments am i to late to join this one

message 7: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments Tammie wrote: "am i to late to join this one"

There's only a few hours left.

message 8: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett | 0 comments ok when is the next one

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments In October will be the next 24 hour readathon (check out 24hourreadathon.com); in January will be the 24in48 readathon (check out 24in48.com).

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.