『 Ionia 』 discussion

The Dark Forest > abandoned shack

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
An old abandoned shack that is concealed by the thick foliage of the dark forest. Many assassins, thieves, and just plain nasty people meet here.

message 2: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments After all this time of hanging out around Blackridge, Raven suddenly got the nagging feeling he had to enter the dark forest. Before these moments of his boots cracking the leaves beneath his feet, the rebel had sometimes had the thought of going deep into the forest. He wasn't afraid of never coming out as some said, neither was he afraid of the wild life. Raven seemed mildly afraid of who he might meet in these woods. It wasn't often he heard news of people roaming throughout these woods and coming out with injuries. But luckily for him, he thought he knew he had armed himself enough with his weapons. Didn't matter now, as the rebel walked forward a little farther into the woods and instantly spotted a small wooden shack right in front of him. If not for him spotting it within all this foliage, he would've rammed right into it. Shaking his head, Raven slowly walked around the building, looking for an entrance.

message 3: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((Nope! Sorry to disappoint!))

Turning a corner, Raven sharply inhaled a breath as he heard the unmistakable sound of metal moving. It did spook him a little at first as he looked down at his feet to see if he had stepped onto something metal. Nope. Okay, now he knew what was happening. Knowing instantly someone was near him, he quickly darted his hand down towards his cudgel, something he was quite proud of still having. Sliding it out of its sheath and letting the sweet sound of metal against leather ring out in the silence, Raven let the cudgel down next to his leg as he turned around, looking in all directions for someone. Seeing the figure, he just stood there, watching and waiting.

message 4: by butterbean (last edited Aug 12, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven slightly grunted at the statement, flipping the dagger in his hand before the figure came over and hit it out of his hand. He didn't even try to stop it, he didn't care. "Oh," he lately stated, holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm unarmed." A cheeky grin passed over his face as he placed his hands back down at his sides. Seeing them pick up his cudgel and place it into her own sheath, Raven frowned. "That's my favorite one you know. If you want one so bad, you should make your own, not take mine." Play it cool, he thought to himself, his lip twitching slightly. Don't aggravate the bitch or you might see something coming.

((Sorry if they're short. >~<))

message 5: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven's eyebrows raised upwards in a more questionable look than a confused one. Something was up and he could tell. "Oh, you're one of those people," the assassin stated, ensuring he didn't make it clear as to what type of people he was talking about. Raven crossed his arms over his chest. "I see I see. Welp, I may as well answer your question before I get myself hurt, ey?" Eyeing her hands, Raven tried so hard to think over the current situation. Brass knuckles, a classic, he thought, scratching his chin. Wonder where she got those. "Well. . . I've just gone wandering into the forest. Might I ask what you are doing here?"

message 6: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments "Someone, ey?" Raven cooed, leaning up against a dead tree as he watched the woman sheath her daggers. Strange, it was as if she was going to kill him right then and there. Guess he does have a charm for starting conversations. "Oh, just the demanding type if you know what I mean. The ones always poking around in other people's business. They act like Whitefang spies. So. . . ignorant." He spat the last sentence, knowing it was the truth through and through. But what if. . . no didn't matter to him. Raven lifted his foot, stomping it into the ground himself as if it were some sort of person he hated. Nothing much. "Interesting indeed."

message 7: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven just grinned, clearing thinking of what the whole ordeal was about. "Nothing much, just that they unwillingly overthrew a King that was clearly in power and they just decided that it was okay to kill him." Raising his hands once again in defeat, the assassin spoke. "Not that I should be caring at all about it." Placing them back down once again, Raven huffed at the common question. It was so annoying to know that every single time the man meet someone, they would always ask that same damned question. "Ha! Get over it. My name is my concern, not a stranger I meet in the woods. So sorry, figure it out yourself."

message 8: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((hng, it’s fine! I won’t be able to respond back until tomorrow anyways :))

message 9: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Hearing his name being stated and at this time and circumstance made Raven tense up a bit. Should he accept it and move on talking or deny it and still continue on talking? His head spun in circles as he finally made up his mind. "Uhhh- yeah the name's Raven? What for?" He leaned farther down the tree, a stupid decision on his part for the situation he was in but it didn't matter. Never stopping his stare at the woman, he sighed as the wind blew past them, rustling his own hair and sending his cloak waving in the other direction.

message 10: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven leaned back against the tree, his eyes never moving from the woman before him. He knew something was up and now he could see what it was right before his very eyes. Blinking once and standing strangely still, he never moved one bit, not even when she lunged and placed the cold metal up against his throat. He could feel that one drop of his own blood slowly run down his neck and disappear out of sight as it was soaked up in the fabric of his clothing. A small grin came to his face as he placed a hand on the assassin's shoulder, tilting his head to the side as if he were looking for a way out. "Ah, you must think they can boss you around," he cooed, a soft look coming into his eyes as he watched her own. "I bet someone like you would know better than to trust those higher-ups as you call them." Raven lowered his head a little, his eyes again never moving as they narrowed. "They're using youuuu," he cooed again, his voice playful and serious all at once.

message 11: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments "Alot of things make me think that," Raven stated, slightly gagging from the placement of the dagger. He had to do something or next thing he'd know he'd be spitting blood and falling to the ground, everything black. That's something he didn't want, not now and not anywhere in the near future. He had to talk her out of this. But how? Raven hardly knew her and all she wanted was to make her leaders happy by slitting his throat. Thinking for a moment, he suddenly got an idea. It wasn't the best of ideas but it certainly wasn't a bad one. "They made you into a monster, is that what you want? Would your parents look at you today and scowl? Would they be disappointed in you? I bet they darn would. And I understand that they died because of what my group did. But that was long ago." Raven scowled, a feel of anger filling his body. This talk of parents was bringing back terrible terrible memories and he didn't like it one bit. "Just get over it!" He didn't care about the knife, he didn't care about the Whitefang or the Rebellion. What this woman had seen. . . it was almost relatable to his childhood.

message 12: by butterbean (last edited Aug 16, 2018 03:45PM) (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven knew the current situation was harshly dangerous and because of that, he needed to do something. Thinking about his daggers at his waist, which he knew he couldn't grab in time, he suddenly remembered his cudgel. It was so close that he could grab it. Looking the girl in the eyes, he quickly reached over and took it from the sheath, bringing it up to her throat as well. "Haha, I'm no longer unarmed." He stated.

message 13: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments A grin passed over his face as he spun the cudgel around in his hand, pulling out a second one very quickly from a spot on his back. He couldn't of gotten it before not with the tree in the way so he wouldn't of been able to escape either way. Flipping the two around in circles in his hands, he dropped down into a fighting position himself as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before shooting forward, blades flying behind him as he spun and swung his arms right at her, the target right for her chest. "Give me all you got."

message 14: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Turning around to see her disappear into the trees, Raven tried his best to spot the assassin through the leaves as an array of knives flew past him and hit the ground. Throwing knives, he thought, turning round and round, trying to find where the assassin was. She just disappeared! The man growled, passing under a couple of trees as he turned and looked back over at the shed. The shed! Taking a step, he paused. No, it can't be that easy, Raven thought as a confused look came onto his face. What if. . .

message 15: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven heard the assassin drop before she even got close and looked up, his eyes growing wide. He stepped forward to move but it was too late as the smooth metal of the dagger sliced into his shoulder. The assassin yelled in agony as she pulled it out, the blood starting to drip down his back as a throwing dagger pierced his leg. Letting out another cry, he landed on his injured leg with his knee, taking the small dagger out of his wound and chucking it back at the opponent as he watched it fly through the air.

message 16: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven needed something to lean on if he wanted to stand and he needed it very quickly here. But there was nothing at all for him to use, nothing but trees and the ground. Looking back at the woman as he heard a distant scream in the back of his mind, he was surprised to find her slowly stumbling towards him, muttering something he couldn’t hear before she dropped to the ground in pain. The muttering was probably something about him, but who knows. Realizing he still had one cudgel with him, Raven slowly starting crawling his way over to the assassin, trying very hard not to put pressure on his right shoulder and gritting his teeth to keep the pain of his leg under control. Stopping to fall to the ground not two feet from her, a chuckled broke out of his mouth as he reached for his weapon. “Guess. . . I guess we’re both in a bad place now, huh?”

message 17: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Seeing the other assassin struggling as well made Raven believe this was now a fair fight and to him, a fair fight with another assassin was always something to behold. Pulling the cudgel out of its sheath and letting the sound of metal against leather ring throughout the surrounding trees filled him with happiness as he placed it into his mouth to hold as he dragged himself closer and closer to the woman. The blade cutting his mouth made him whimper like a dog a couple of times before he finally placed himself very close to the other, letting himself rest on the hard, twig covered ground as he looked up at the sky with his back to the ground below as he reached up and grabbed his weapon with his hand, the blade now covered with his own blood as he set it on the ground opposite of the other assassin. He waited for what he expected her to do next.

message 18: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((Yall mind if I spice this up a bit with some unexpected turns? ;))

Raven turned his head towards the woman, surprised to see her not moving and her breathing started to slow. Dang, she's armed to the teeth, he thought as he noticed the array of weapons stashed under her jacket. Looking at the wound he afflicted onto her wrist, his eyes widened as he noticed how pale the skin was. Pale skin was never a good sign, at least not to him. Raven had to do something, but what? She had just tried to kill him for the gods sake! But he couldn't just leave her. Something told him he needed to help her. Bleeding out from a small wound wasn't a good way to go, it never was. Grabbing his cudgel as he proceeded to also grab his dirty, bloody cloak, Raven sliced a long, thin piece of cloth as he dropped the blade. Turning to the woman yet again, he reached out his arms to her wrist, taking the cloth and slowly tying it around the wound, careful not to touch it himself as he finally finished the knot. Leaning back onto himself, Raven started to care for his own wounds. Have I made a good decision helping her or have I created a way for my own demise?

message 19: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((I mean, we could do a bit of a time skip if you’d like to. Cause he’s gotta rest himself a little bit so he’s not going anywhere.))

message 20: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((would you mind starting the skip?))

message 21: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((sure can!))

Wrapping the last piece of cloth around his leg, Raven sighed as he leaned up against a tree that he had managed to crawl over to. He believed he could now walk but it would take some time to heal the cut on his leg that kept him from doing so properly. Turning around, the man tried again. Wrapping his arms around the trunk, he slowly moved himself upwards as he planted his feet, doing this until he reached the highest he could go. Raven let go as he took a step backwards, steadying himself as he started to walk. There was still a slight pain in his leg, but he could deal with it. Rubbing his arm, he glanced over at the still sleeping assassin, curious as to when she'd even wake up. He was of course debating on leaving but at the same time he doubted she could do anything to him in her own state. Slowly sitting back down about ten feet from her, he waited.

message 22: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Looking up from the ground Raven watched silently as the woman finally awoke, a small grin passing over his face as he continued to watch her searching for him just to spit an statement at him. "I don't know," he stated as he retied the cloth around his leg. "Why are you still here, sleepyhead?" The man chuckled, reaching back to scratch his head as he yawned. It had been an hour or two, he didn't know for sure, since the woman had passed out and he'd just been sitting there, caring for his own wounds and getting some well needed rest before standing upwards as he did and watching her awake.

message 23: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven shrugged at the entirety of her words, showing no signs of the stupidity he had placed onto himself. Was he really that bad of an assassin? He guessed it was the truth, but to be honest he relatively enjoyed talking things out rather than using violence. But to make things clear, he did have his moments when he actually didn't care if someone died. Guess one of those moments wasn't currently taking place. "I guess I'm a bad assassin then," Raven said, rubbing his aching forehead. "But no good assassin should even flip out from getting hit once, no matter where on the body. But I will say, that hit did make you loose alot of blood. Huh, I might need to do that blow more often."

message 24: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven frowned, toying with the cudgel in his hand as he twisted it along the ground. "Hard hit man. That insult hurt. Like legit hurt." Still even with the hurt traveling through his voice, the man still looked very calm and his eyes said the same. Calm and quiet. Glancing back up at her, not minding her now "i sorta wanna stay here" position, he spoke up. "Well if you're still going to try and kill me, I'm not going down without a fight. And to be honest, that'd be good. I'd actually go down fighting like an assassin rather than being told by you that I'm a terrible one."

message 25: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven huffed in reply, standing up as he watched the woman jump up into tree and start to maneuver her things around. Pulling out his cudgel, he flipped it round and round in his hands, glancing up at the assassin as he stood perfectly still. Shall I still fight her? It seems to me she's not looking for anything more. But her statement stopped him from debating. She was sent to kill him. He should fight back. But what was the use? What would it prove? Sighing, he closed his eyes as he dropped his weapon holding hand down to his waist. His voice soft and quiet, he spoke. "I'm done."

message 26: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven just nodded, the calm and content look on his face quickly turning sour as he listened in on what the other assassin had to say. "Woah woah woah. First off, I'm not writing a false death record. You know that I have family that'll see that? They won't care of course, but they'll probably try and find my 'body' to burn it into ashes and leave it there." He huffed once, watching as she placed on more armor. "Also, why would I ever do that for you? If they're passing info to us, I may as well follow you and protect them from any sort of danger you might serve as to them. Ha, I might even learn how to be a true assassin from the looks of you."

message 27: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven stayed silent, crossing his arms up against his chest as he listened to what she had to say. And there she went again with the bad assassin thing, it was starting to hurt. Snorting in reply to her final threat, he stayed put as his foot starting tapping the ground. It kept going quicker and quicker. Now the man was thinking. What was he to do in a situation like this? Shadow as she called herself, had just stated that one of them wasn't leaving this area alive. Maybe, he could try and fight with words. But for the time being of course, he knew better than to fight with words for forever. "Saving you wasn't the immediate plan. Hell, me being here wasn't the immediate plan! Why don't you go scrambling back to your White Fang friends, ey?!"

message 28: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven let his hands fall to his sides as he quickly took in a breath, sighing as he let it out. She had asked him a question, he should answer it like a normal human being. Narrowing his eyes, he spoke in a yell. "I don't know! I just- care for some reason! People who come into my life in one way or another sometimes have meaning to me! Whether it be good or not, I could not just let you sit there and bleed. It just didn't feel right!" Placing his hands onto his forehead, he walked backwards until he suddenly hit the wall of the shack, closing his eyes and trying to remember why he was here. Trying to think of the threat standing before him. Trying to care.

message 29: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven couldn't take it anymore. The yelling, the fighting back and forth. Yes, the terrible assassin crap was getting annoying but he could push that away right now. But as he lifted his head from the ground to look at her, his eyes widened at the sight of tears falling down Shadow's cheeks. Tears of all things. Tears. His brain was now telling him to do something, but he had to hold back. Hearing her yell once more, he wiped at his blood and dust covered face as he yelled back. "No! But have you felt all the pain and suffering I have?! Have we both not seen friends die before our very eyes just because someone deemed it necessary?!" Tears were welling up in his own eyes as he stared straight into the other's eyes. He couldn't help but show some sort of sympathy for the other. It was what he did.

message 30: by soub, egg (new)

soub (gothstew) | 1643 comments Mod
((Hey, that’s kind of breaking group rules, so could you possibly stop? Not everyone has time to reply to everything, and it just gets a little stressful after a while.))

message 31: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((I apologize I’ll respond sometime tomorrow I’m a bit busy with schooling stuff. I’m sorry I just really wanted to complete that character so I wouldn’t have to worry about finishing him.))

message 32: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven winced, frowning slightly as he heard the woman's harsh words that stabbed him like knives. Trying to respond in one way or another, he sighed. But at the same time, he didn't need to. There was nothing to say, that was for sure. "Well-" he started, placing a sly grin on his face as he tried to shoot back his own shots. "-- I'm actually surprised you even had friends. Just looking at you makes me soooo scared." Raven chuckled at himself, his voice still shaky from his fear but all in all, he was at least trying.

message 33: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven winced in pain as he held a hand up to his face, it already starting to turn red from the hits. Smiling none the less, the male continued to tease the assassin. “Awww, are you really opening up to me? That’s adorable.” Giving her a warm smiled, he placed his hand onto the knife pointed at him and pushed it downwards away from his face as his eyes grew soft.

message 34: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven laughed once more, his chuckles so loud he didn’t even hear the woman turn and run into the forest around them. That is, until he stopped and finally wiped his face just to be greeted with an empty scenery. “Uh-“ he said aloud, turning glances as he looked for the assassin. Should he just leave? She had just tried to kill him! But that tone in her voice. It wasn’t happy. Clearly, Raven was soft inside. Soft like a teddy bear that was for sure. And hearing someone unhappy triggered something inside of him that only had one goal: to make that person happy again. Huffing a sigh to himself, Raven started out into the woods, walking some way before shouting into the emptiness. “I’m sorry!”

message 35: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments Raven frowned, his eyebrows furrowing as he heard the sound of tree branches shaking heavily in the distance. It could only be her. Suddenly pissed off, the male started yelling. “Fine! Just don’t complete your mission! Just let me live! Totally okay with your higher-ups, ey?!” Turning, he kicked a stick just to send it flying into a nearby tree as he stormed away with anger, making his way to the exit, back the way he came.

message 36: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments The man was clearly angry at himself, why did he change that way so quickly? Who knows. Stomping about, Raven didn't mind but throwing even more insults into the distant woods, his brain a mush of the terrible words. "What happened to the whole 'One of us ain't leaving here alive' thing?! Woah, just to say also, failing to follow your own orders for a mission makes you the sorry excuse for an assassin! I'm at least getting away without getting killed by the likes of you!"

message 37: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments It took a bit for Raven to calm down but once he did, he was surprised at the current situation. He had walked into the forest and meet his own killer, got into a small fight with them and then walked away. He did get hurt though, so it wasn’t a fight and walk away kinda thing.

message 38: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((Mmm yes if that’s okay with you. God I love these two fighting and stuff, this is me but I think they’d make great enemies lmao.))

message 39: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((oh heck yeah. geez, that’ll be fun ;]]]))

message 40: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((em id like to wait for a bit if that’s okay with you :))

message 41: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((ey you know what? I think I’m done waiting if that’s okay with you. I’d love to start another roleplay rn))

message 42: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((ah, maybe raven's the one on a mission this time and he runs into shadow again? i just want more fighting lol, always gets me hyped up.))

message 43: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((would you like to spice it up a bit and make it in the dungeon in northstar?))

message 44: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((🤔 well maybe, there might be like a white fang member in the dungeon and he’s set to kill him? I’m just getting ideas. then, maybe shadow was sent to release em?))

message 45: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((Who shall start?))

message 46: by butterbean (new)

butterbean (formerly jellybean) (thatonerebelliousgirloverthere) | 338 comments ((I’ll start it right now! Sorry for the wait.))