Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 12 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks We are now half way through the readathon! How do you stay focused with reading? Do you need to be in a quite room or do you need some noise like music in the background? Do you read better at home or outside? Weirdly, I tend to focus better if I'm not at home and while listening to music.

message 2: by Devon (new)

Devon (archivist_fox) | 80 comments For me, I prefer silence to read but I can handle distractions.

If I am listening to an audiobook I have to do something with my hands. (Which is what I do at work. At home, I do doodling or knitting and sometimes nostalgic video games on mute.) If I am reading print, I don't like distractions depending on the content. (Nonfiction, I cannot have distractions at all, and fiction, especially YA I can have some...)

If the book is easy to follow, I can have the TV on low, but I read better with nothing. It is really dependent on my mood. ;)

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 863 comments On vacation right now.....just too many distractions, getting hardly any reading done.

message 4: by Rachida (new)

Rachida | 79 comments I tend to focus better when it’s quite. But I can also read with people talking in the background. I’m in a coffeshop right now. When it gets too noisy I’ll read along the audiobook :)

message 5: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments I need to read in silence so it's funny how well I can multi-task while listening to an audiobook. IDK! lol. I read inside and outside. Living room and library are my cozy inside places. Front porch and back deck for outside. It's too humid out back now so I'll be heading back to the front porch soon.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.