Up and Coming Authors discussion

Archives (Past Group Reads) > About Holly Christine and the Nine Lives of Clemenza

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 150 comments Mod
Holly,

Please tell us a little about yourself and your book!

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly Christine | 7 comments For as long as I can remember, I have loved storytelling. I grew up reading pretty much everything that I could get my hands on and loved that by simply picking up a book, I could enter a new world.

The Nine Lives of Clemenza is a bit spiritual, a bit humorous and a bit inspirational. I attempted the traditional route to publishing first and always received the same rejection letter: "We don't know how to categorize this."

The book itself is a little "out there." Clemenza can become anything she wishes and starts out as Air. She is consumed with the notion of living a meaningful life. It has changed the way that I view the world. Everytime I ask my husband to kill a spider, he responds with: "But what if it's someone we knew?" This book made sense of faith, life and death for me.

The book was inspired by my dog, Clemenza. She is completely adorable and manipulative at the same time. My husband and I are terrible dog trainers!

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sherylmarasi) | 150 comments Mod
Holly,

Your story was very enjoyable and thought provoking. I have posted a review.

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) It sounds interesting! I look forward to reading it.