Green Group discussion

Organic Chat > Fiction about organic farming

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 6045 comments Mod
If you enjoy a fiction book about organic farming or lifestyle, please list it here.
A Love for Leah
A Love for Leah (The Amish Matchmaker #4) by Emma Miller

message 2: by Anne (last edited Jul 28, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Anne Ipsen | 96 comments I am reading and enjoying "New York 2140" right now. While not specifically about organic gardening, flooded New Yorkers subsist with the help of rooftop gardens. The highlight of the book is the imaginative constructed image of flooded New York on the front cover with detail on the back. The everywhere roof-top farms and solar panels are details of an image that illuminates the complex plot and is worthy of concentrated study.
New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Emin (deminlit) | 1 comments I’m finishing a novel, Scags at 45, that is set in the earlier part of this century and is about feminism, animal rights and a community of organic farmers, among other things.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling | 2001 comments Here's a short vegan fiction story in a farming community set in an alternate time that could easily become today. It's not painting a perfect picture of the world, but it's an interesting work of speculative fiction.

Summer Wings
Summer Wings by April Tremblay

message 5: by Clare (new)

I enjoyed Summer Wings too, Robert, thanks!

message 6: by Clare (new)

Thank you Anne and Deborah, both books sound interesting.