What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy, paranormal female protagonist in the 200s.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob | 4 comments It was book that had a female protagonist who had lot’s of powers and was unable to die. The character had a family that was a crime syndicate, her father and 2 uncles ruled. Her father constantly experimented different styles of torture and killed her several times. She was held in a dungeon until she escaped, as they had killed her that day and buried her. Then she met a man on the road, he was a leader of a agency that was made to fight paranormal crimes, like the woman’s family’s crime. The man brought together a group together to take down the family and the woman was asked to teach them to defend themselves against the powers of the family members. The first chapter is in the setting of a bar and she is waiting to be called into a meeting room where the team is discussing whether of not she was trustable. She falls in love with one fo the agents and is a alcoholic because of ?headaches? she gets. In the first book, I think, she kills her brother. That’s all I can remember.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments I didn't get all the way through the book, but some of the plot points sound like what I read of Maria Lewis's Who's Afraid?.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Bumping since Bob posted today.

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Bob, you might want to edit the title of your post. In no way does this book sound like it was published as YA.