Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Ana's readathon

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new)

Ana (4nn4) Hi all!
I'm going to read as much as circumstances allow. I have a 3 week old and a 18 months old. Also the readathon starts at 1AM for me.
My TBR is:
Carve the Mark
A Court of Frost and Starlight
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
When Dimple met Shiri
Slaughterhouse five
I hope to read at least the first, but let's be realistic it's probably going to be only a few pages. I plan to do most of my reading while nursing.
And I think I won't stay awake for the next 40 minutes to start at 1AM. But I'm going to read now a bit in bed before I fall asleep.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) | 707 comments Hi Ana - Remember that any reading time counts as participation. You don't have to do the full 24 hours in order to participate. So go to sleep and then if you get a chance to read some after waking up, do that. Hope you get some reading in. But with two little ones, I know it will be hard! Congrats on the new baby!

message 3: by Jana (new)

Jana Eichhorn | 161 comments Oh my gosh, if you even get 2 minutes in with a 3 week old baby, that's a huge success! What a rock star! Happy reading!

message 4: by Ana (new)

Ana (4nn4) Thanks!
The baby is actually great for reading. I have nothing better to do while she is nursing. The toddler makes it challenging. But it's weekend, so daddy can watch him for a little.

message 5: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments Aww babies!! Congrats on the new one! Nursing is good for reading and audio! :) Don't pressure yourself, just do what you can! You do have some great choices though! Good luck!