Challenge Corner discussion

Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1)
This topic is about Reckless Magic
Let's Buddy! - Series > Star Crossed Series by Rachel Higginson - Starting August 2nd 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14751 comments Mod
Book #1 in the Amazon Best-Selling Star-Crossed Series

16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. She can't seem to stop herself from closing them down. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and the last private school willing to accept her.

She is focused on just getting through graduation until she realizes Kingsley is not like the other private schools she's been to. The students may be different, but so is she. And after meeting Kiran Kendrick, the boy who won't leave her alone and seems to be the source of all her problems, she is suddenly in a world that feels more make-believe than reality.

To top it off, she is being hunted by men who want to kill Kiran and her best friend Lilly is taken away to a foreign prison. Eden finds herself right in the middle of an ancient war, threatening everything she loves. She alone has to find a way to save her best friend and the boy who has captivated her heart.

Reckless Magic is an intricate story about mystery, adventure, magic and forbidden love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine determined to save the world and be with her one, true love before it's too late.

Cinthia | 467 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 32.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 60.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 72.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 93.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

message 7: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (last edited Aug 03, 2018 10:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson Ch 12 (26%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 17 (36%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 24 (52%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 35 (75%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

message 8: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson
Ch 11 (26%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 13 (31%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 22 (50%) - (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Jennifer wrote: "Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel HigginsonCh 12 (26%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 17 (36%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 24 (52%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 35 (75%) - [spoilers removed]
Finished - Ok, I don't get..."

Replies to posts of...
Ch. 12: Yeah that part was funny, that's what they get for being mean.

Ch 17: Yea that scene was crazy, I don't think she killed anyone though, just really hurt them.

Ch 24: Yea but isn't that the exciting part? being around the one that makes your life exciting? maybe not... she needs to listen to Talbot, and yes Avalon was an a**hole.

Ch 35: Poor Lilly, to get punished for helping reallY? Kiran do better help!

Finish: Yeah I didn't get that part either... maybe it was easier access to Kiran and he is the next King and the King can't have more male heirs.

Cinthia | 467 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson
Ch 11 (26%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 13 (31%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 22 (50%) - [spoilers removed]"

Replies to posts...

Ch 11: Yea the boys think they know better! but also I think it's because they care about her safety but still it's annoying.

Ch 13: I wish she would, Jericho sounds cute and plus she sounds like she likes him but is making herself NOT like him, talk about denial.

Ch 22: I think the walk was more of a revelation than a stand-off... but hey all those Indian adventures? Awesome!

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 49775 comments Mod
Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson
26%: (view spoiler)

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

47%: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ch 34 (75%) - (view spoiler)

message 14: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 10 - (view spoiler)
Ch 18 - (view spoiler)
Ch 28 - (view spoiler)

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

79%: (view spoiler)

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

100%: (view spoiler)

message 17: by Marissa (last edited Aug 09, 2018 12:48PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Marissa | 1108 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson
Chapters 1-7
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 11 (26%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 22 (50%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 33 (75%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 27 (85%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler) I'm even happier that the next book is about Avalon! I really hope we get to drop Eden's POV. Even though she got a lot better as the books progressed, she just bugged me big time!

Cinthia | 467 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 20.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 43.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 70.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 95.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Jennifer wrote: "Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 10 - [spoilers removed]
Ch 18 - [spoilers removed]
Ch 28 - [spoilers removed]
Finished - [spoilers removed]"

Reply to comments:
Ch 10 - lol Broken heart. Yes I can respect Jericho for being that honest I am so team Jericho.

Ch 18 - Yeah I knew she wouldn't either, there is too much history there and yes she is trying to be different only I wish she didn't doubt herself so much.

Ch 28 - I wish she stopped giving him all this leeway... dude just be decisive!

Finished - I am glad Gabriel was able to help her see what is really at stake and help her realize that she needs to be more mindful of what other people are risking in this war. Yeah I can't wait for next book t see what Kiran does.

Chapters 8-16
(view spoiler)

Chapters 17-25
(view spoiler)

Chapters 26-38
(view spoiler)

Finished
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

28%: (view spoiler)

message 30: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

54%: (view spoiler)

message 31: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

72%: (view spoiler)

message 32: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Marissa | 1108 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson
Prologue - Chapter 8
(view spoiler)

message 34: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson
26%: (view spoiler)

message 35: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

50%: (view spoiler)

message 36: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

71%: (view spoiler)

message 37: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

message 38: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson
23%: (view spoiler)

message 39: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

47%: (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Alaina wrote: "Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson
26%: [spoilers removed]"

Yea... she needs to hurry up and do that... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Alaina wrote: "71%: [spoilers removed]"

right? A friend is no substitute for family but at least it's a comfort to have someone.

Cinthia | 467 comments Alaina wrote: "100%: [spoilers removed]" Don't mess with her lol.

Cinthia | 467 comments Alaina wrote: "Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson
23%: [spoilers removed]"

awww. why not? I hate the king too...

Cinthia | 467 comments Alaina wrote: "47%: [spoilers removed]"

Lol... gotta keep reading girl... it gets better I think.

message 45: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 14, 2018 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cinthia | 467 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 23.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 47.75% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 74.75% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson 27.21% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 467 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson 51.97% (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3