The Galaxians discussion

Empire's End (Star Wars: Aftermath, #3)
This topic is about Empire's End
Future of Star Wars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter, Last of the Mandalores (last edited Jul 27, 2018 03:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Peter Hale (arclordone) | 94 comments Mod
I just finished Empire's End, and even after The Last Jedi I'm a bit confused. The book still had plenty of unanswered questions. Share your thoughts.

message 2: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new) - rated it 4 stars

DiscoSpacePanther | 52 comments Mod
What's the major confusion?

I would agree that how we get from Empire's End to The Force Awakens is incredibly unclear - it seems predicated on the New Republic making stupid political decision after stupid political decision.

It is also still unclear who or what Snoke is, and where he came from, and what he was doing all through the Clone Wars and Imperial eras. (Personally, I am not fond of Snoke as a character, and am not particularly invested in any particular theory as to his origins. It seems clear to me that he is simply a plot device created by JJ Abrams in order to have an "Emperor-lite" character in his movie).

message 3: by Peter, Last of the Mandalores (new) - rated it 3 stars

Peter Hale (arclordone) | 94 comments Mod
Where's Luke, Snoke, where's Sloane, to name a few. TLJ nevered answered these.

message 4: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new) - rated it 4 stars

DiscoSpacePanther | 52 comments Mod
I think Luke was building a happy little Jedi Academy until Ben Solo went off the rails a few years before TFA.

That gives us ~20 years of Luke being Master to a bunch of soon-to-be-killed Jedi.

I think Sloane is in the Unknown Regions, working with the First Order (but my knowledge of this is *really* fuzzy, so I could be completely wrong).

As for Snoke - I know that it's driving a lot of fans absolutely nuts about his origins and motivations - but I would really like him to remain an unexplored part of JJ Abrams's mystery box - an enigma that it never explained. This is because there is no explanation for Snoke that I could possibly find completely satisfying.

It would be like finding out that Jack the Ripper was just some hobo - it would ruin all of the interesting mythology that has built up around the character.