Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > First 6 Chapters of YA Fantasy (20K words)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (last edited Sep 13, 2018 01:17PM) (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments ***UPDATE: I'm still looking for betas! A lot of people who offered to read for me never responded after I replied.***

Hello! I'm looking for a beta reader for the first four chapters of my book.

Celene, princess of Ishtar and highest-ranking female soldier since Great Samira herself, is actively risking her life to stop a war—but it is exactly her willingness to die that she believes will keep her alive.

Since a young age, both she and her brother, King Caius, have shared a duel curse:

"Upon thee shall weigh the threat of death, stealing ever closer the more ye cling to life. Only when called will she flee, cursing joy and grief."

Caius brushes the curse off as superstition, but when his wife announces she is pregnant, Celene fears for her brother’s safety. She believes the curse kills when its victim has the strongest reasons to live, and keeps them alive whenever they long for death. By this interpretation, Caius will die precisely when he most wants to live: to meet his firstborn child.

When Celene meets the commander of her enemy’s forces, General Dorian, matters only become more complicated. As she fights against both the gods and neighboring nations, she has no way of knowing whether Dorian will be her greatest ally or a fatal distraction.

Celene is pulled between two goals: protecting her country from war, and trying to find an end to the curse before it can harm her brother, all the while running from its grip on herself.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

message 2: by David (new)

David Wilson | 95 comments I'm new to beta reading but have done a fair bit of single chapter critiquing on another site so happy to give it a go.

You can email me on dkwillow@tpg.com.au

message 3: by Shivani (new)

Shivani | 8 comments Hi , I would love to read this. Let me know if you would send it shivanibhide9417@gmail.com

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments David wrote: "I'm new to beta reading but have done a fair bit of single chapter critiquing on another site so happy to give it a go.

You can email me on dkwillow@tpg.com.au"

Hi, David! I have emailed you. Thank you so much :)

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments Shivani wrote: "Hi , I would love to read this. Let me know if you would send it shivanibhide9417@gmail.com"

Hi, Shivani! I have emailed you. Thank you for your response :)

message 6: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Webster | 13 comments Happy to give you some feedback

You can send it to sydneywebster2@outlook.com

message 7: by Drielle (new)

Drielle Gonçalves | 1 comments Hi, I would like to read your first chapter!
If you still need beta’s, please send me an email at: drycca.goncalves@gmail.com
😊

message 8: by A (new)

A Holding | 7 comments Carolyn wrote: "Hello! I'm looking for a beta reader for the first chapter of my book.

The story begins with Celene, a princess who is also a high ranking soldier in her country's army. As she and her fellow sol..."

Hi Carolyn,

As with Drielle I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. Let me know if you'd like a fellow writer to take a look!

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments A wrote: "Carolyn wrote: "Hello! I'm looking for a beta reader for the first chapter of my book.

The story begins with Celene, a princess who is also a high ranking soldier in her country's army. As she an..."

That would be great, thank you! Could you message me your email address?

message 10: by A (new)

A Holding | 7 comments Happy to help. My email is holdingaspoon@outlook.com

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments A wrote: "Happy to help. My email is holdingaspoon@outlook.com"

Thank you! I have emailed you

message 12: by A (new)

A Holding | 7 comments Do you want me to do a full edit on this or just provide comment?

message 13: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments A wrote: "Do you want me to do a full edit on this or just provide comment?"

Whichever you'd prefer. Either is fine.

message 14: by Ime (new)

Ime Atakpa | 82 comments If you’re still looking for readers, my email is ime.atakpa@yahoo.com

message 15: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments Ime wrote: "If you’re still looking for readers, my email is ime.atakpa@yahoo.com"

Hi Ime, would you be willing to read 3-4 chapters instead?

message 16: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 25 comments UPDATE: I'm still looking for betas! A lot of people who offered to read for me never responded after I replied.

message 17: by Izzy (new)

Izzy K (izzylightwoodii) | 47 comments Hi, your book sounds super interesting and I would love to beta read it. PM me to sort out the details.

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily Lewis | 6 comments I am open if you still need readers.