YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1)
This topic is about Reckless Magic
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Star-Crossed Series starting with Reckless Magic, by Rachel Higginson beginning August 2nd, 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jennifer | 3551 comments Book One Description: 16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. She can't seem to stop herself from closing them down. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and the last private school willing to accept her.

She is focused on just getting through graduation until she realizes Kingsley is not like the other private schools she's been to. The students may be different, but so is she. And after meeting Kiran Kendrick, the boy who won't leave her alone and seems to be the source of all her problems, she is suddenly in a world that feels more make-believe than reality.

To top it off, she is being hunted by men who want to kill Kiran and her best friend Lilly is taken away to a foreign prison. Eden finds herself right in the middle of an ancient war, threatening everything she loves. She alone has to find a way to save her best friend and the boy who has captivated her heart.

Reckless Magic is an intricate story about mystery, adventure, magic and forbidden love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine determined to save the world and be with her one, true love before it's too late.

Cinthia | 5703 comments Joining u guys.

Cinthia | 5703 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 21.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 50.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson 62.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson Finished. (view spoiler)

message 7: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 03, 2018 10:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jennifer | 3551 comments Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1) by Rachel Higginson
Ch 12 (26%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 24 (52%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 35 (75%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson
Ch 11 (26%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 13 (31%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 22 (50%) - (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Did you guys know there are 7 books in this series??? Are they all audio on KU?

message 10: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 03, 2018 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cinthia | 5703 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson 26.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson 47.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Jennifer wrote: "Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson
Ch 11 (26%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 13 (31%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 22 (50%) - [spoilers removed]"

Ch 11 reply: I agree, hello she is a powerful witch... but I guess it's all because they care about her...

Ch 13 reply: Yes! exactly how I feel Jericho should be a no-brainer but she likes a difficult life I guess *sigh*

Cinthia | 5703 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson 81.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson I just rolled my eyes!!! this is the second time I find quotes similar to that of Pride and Prejudice, "... a thousand times yes!" and the other was similar although not exact... anyways... 90.0% (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Cinthia wrote: "Did you guys know there are 7 books in this series??? Are they all audio on KU?"

I think they are. I just got #3 and 4 downloaded, but it looked like 3 didn't have audio but 4 did?? I know 7 does. It's weird.

Cinthia | 5703 comments ummm... I might take a break then before I pick up #3... it's actually getting better...

Jennifer | 3551 comments Oh, now I just looked again and #3 has audio after all. Maybe I need to update my app. LOL.

Cinthia | 5703 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Jennifer wrote: "Oh, now I just looked again and #3 has audio after all. Maybe I need to update my app. LOL."

I will wait till you are caught up with book 2... I'm gonna read my Overdrive books that are due back in 3 days... I hope I find BR's for them... I posted it on Wanted Buddy... Roomies by Christina Lauren , Circe by Madeline Miller

Jennifer | 3551 comments Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed, #2) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 34 (75%) - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 10 - (view spoiler)
Ch 18 - (view spoiler)
Ch 28 - (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments I didn’t realize you went to book 3. Sorry I’ll start today.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Cinthia wrote: "I didn’t realize you went to book 3. Sorry I’ll start today."

No worries! I've been listening in the car a lot the last few days, so I'm ahead. This is the only audio series I have until the middle of the month too, so it's getting my full attention.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 11 (26%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 22 (50%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 33 (75%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 27 (85%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler) I'm even happier that the next book is about Avalon! I really hope we get to drop Eden's POV. Even though she got a lot better as the books progressed, she just bugged me big time!

Cinthia | 5703 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 20.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 43.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 70.0% (view spoiler)

message 28: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 09, 2018 03:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cinthia | 5703 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson 95.0% (view spoiler)

message 29: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 09, 2018 03:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cinthia | 5703 comments Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Jennifer wrote: "Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 10 - [spoilers removed]
Ch 18 - [spoilers removed]
Ch 28 - [spoilers removed]
Finished - [spoilers removed]"

Reply to comments:
Ch 10 - lol Broken heart. Yes I can respect Jericho for being that honest I am so team Jericho.

Ch 18 - Yeah I knew she wouldn't either, there is too much history there and yes she is trying to be different only I wish she didn't doubt herself so much.

Ch 28 - I wish she stopped giving him all this leeway... dude just be decisive!

Finished - I am glad Gabriel was able to help her see what is really at stake and help her realize that she needs to be more mindful of what other people are risking in this war. Yeah I can't wait for next book t see what Kiran does.

Cinthia | 5703 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 23.0% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 47.75% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 74.75% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson 91.25% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Jennifer wrote: "Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 11 (26%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 22 (50%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 33 (75%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 27 (85%) - [spoilers removed]
Finished - [spoilers removed]..."

Reply to comments:
Ch 11: Right? that annoyed me to no end.. and the whole using Jericho to (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson 27.21% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson 51.97% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson 86.51% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson 92.11% (view spoiler)

message 41: by Cinthia (last edited Aug 14, 2018 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson Finished... Ok so at first I was like... how dare they do that when Lilly just got (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6) by Rachel Higginson 20.36%(view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6) by Rachel Higginson 42.51% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6) by Rachel Higginson 73.35% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6) by Rachel Higginson Finished... (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments The Reluctant King (Star-Crossed, #5) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 8 - (view spoiler)

Can I just say that I am so relieved that the POV for this book is all Avalon so far. I wasn't sure I could take one more page of Eden. And the narrator is pretty good, I think he has a sexy Avalon voice.
Ch 17 - (view spoiler)
Ch 26 - (view spoiler)
Ch 33 - (view spoiler)

Yep! Book 5 is my favorite so far! I loved Avalon's POV, and the narrator did a good job bringing his character to life. On to book 6 and Jericho's story - YAY!

Jennifer | 3551 comments The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 7 (25%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 14 (48%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 20 (76%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - What?? (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments The Redeemable Prince (Star-Crossed, #7) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 7 (25%) - Sebastian just cracks me up. I love his sarcasm. (view spoiler)
Ch 15 (50%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 23 (76%) - (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments Jennifer wrote: "The Redeemable Prince (Star-Crossed, #7) by Rachel Higginson

Ch 7 (25%) - Sebastian just cracks me up. I love his sarcasm. [spoilers removed]
Ch 15 (50%) - [spoilers removed]
Ch 23 (76%) - [spoilers removed]
Finis..."

Reply to comments:
Ch 7: Yes he is so cocky and he knows he is handsome and that she loves him!

Ch 15: I think she is trying to show him how strong she is and doesn't need him lol.

Ch. 23: I can't wait for them to catch him... he keeps getting away so more books are made lol.

Finish: lol you are so funny stretch marks... Yea I guess they won't have to worry about populating their kind. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5703 comments The Redeemable Prince (Star-Crossed, #7) by Rachel Higginson 25.0% (view spoiler)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.