Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Children’s books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hanks (flooblover) | 6 comments Do any of you mark children’s books off as “books I’ve read” or do they not count

message 2: by MissBecka (last edited Jul 27, 2018 08:40AM) (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments I mark them as read for sure, but I usually up my challenge numbers so they don't "count" in my personal goals.

message 3: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta I count everything I read, regardless of age range.
Do you mean children's books as in all books aimed at a younger audience (say 12 and under), or picture books, or books read when we personally were children?

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hanks (flooblover) | 6 comments I’m counting all books even those for children under 12. So when I read a book to my kiddos I can mark it. But I was just curious as to how many people mark them as read and who doesn’t.

message 5: by JanEyre9 (new)

JanEyre9 I only include books that are middle grade or above. I do sometimes read early chapter books with daughter, books like A New Friend, and think I should add this on to GR but I'm reading it more for her than for me. Bu that's just me, I've seen people include children's books and think it's fine.

message 6: by Nyla (new)

Nyla (nylap) | 71 comments Since my job includes reading tons of books for children and middle graders, I use Goodreads to keep track of it all. I am not as concerned about whether it "counts" toward my goals, but I know that my reading includes such a variety of levels, and I set my personal goals accordingly.
I always say, Goodreads is YOUR tool, to do with what YOU want. It is very versatile and adaptable, so use it in a way that works for you.

message 7: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments Nyla wrote: "Since my job includes reading tons of books for children and middle graders, I use Goodreads to keep track of it all. I am not as concerned about whether it "counts" toward my goals, but I know tha..."

Perfectly said!

message 8: by Oscar (new)

Oscar Maquito (oscar02) | 26 comments I have a few of them because some of my books are organized very well, And some of my favorites of all is Where the Wild Things Are is probably my best reads of all time!!

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments If I read it, it counts. Age of the intended reader doesn't matter. But I'm still trying to find many of the books that I read as a kid, back in the days before GR. (Heck, back in the days before computers were anywhere except in the minds of sci-fi writers and a few very big businesses and the military.) So, when I find a book from the relevant years, I'll read it to see if it's one of my "forgotten loves" or even just to read it, and to add it to my children's corner. Everyone should have a children's corner with books in it. You never know when someone is going to drop a kid off for you to babysit and having a collection of books to point them at is always good.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 160 comments I'd still count them. I read a couple last year that I did when I was very young and I put them towards my goal. Even if they are only really short or something. I still think they should count. A personal favorite of mine from growing up. Well two really. even though it sadness me to report I have no idea on where they've gone to. (Someplace in this house.. just not sure where.) are: What Do You Do With a Kangaroo? and Do You Have My Purr?