Christian Theological/Philosophical Book Club discussion

Theological Questions > Why Do You Seek The Living Among The Dead?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1571 comments Jesus said He would rise on the third day. Do we live like He is ALIVE?
_______

Are we like Jesus' followers? He tells us something and we look elsewhere for it?

He told His disciples that He would rise from the dead on the third day...
...why were they looking for Him in the tomb
?

Click below for a brief (one page, double-sided, tri-fold) PDF Bible study of this topic:
http://www.christ-like.net/sitebuilde...

message 2: by T.R. (new)

T.R. Bosse | 20 comments Robert - you bring up some good points in your article. There are only a couple points I might advocate.

The apostles were all Jews. They knew about the Messiah, but were taught like everyone else that He would only come to earth one time (John 12:32-34). That is why they fled when the soldiers took Jesus. They had just witnessed the triumphal entrance into Jerusalem and thought He would be crowned a King. They never thought He would be spat upon and mocked and then put to death; even though Jesus told they several times. It just didn't register. Only when they received the Holy Ghost at Pentecost did they fully realize and as (John 14:26) adds, "...the Holy Ghost would bring all things into remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1571 comments T.R. wrote: "Robert - you bring up some good points in your article. There are only a couple points I might advocate.

The apostles were all Jews. They knew about the Messiah, but were taught like everyone els..."

My response: Good observations, but they had the Old Testament and Jesus Himself to tell them the parts of the story that they did not understand.