YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Outrun the Wind
This topic is about Outrun the Wind
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Outrun the Wind by Elizabeth Tammi - Starting October 17th 2018

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod
The Huntresses of Artemis must obey two rules: never disobey the goddess, and never fall in love. After being rescued from a harrowing life as an Oracle of Delphi, Kahina is glad to be a part of the Hunt; living among a group of female warriors gives her a chance to reclaim her strength, even while her prophetic powers linger. But when a routine mission goes awry, Kahina breaks the first rule in order to save the legendary huntress Atalanta.

To earn back Artemis’s favor, Kahina must complete a dangerous task in the kingdom of Arkadia— where the king’s daughter is revealed to be none other than Atalanta. Still reeling from her disastrous quest and her father’s insistence on marriage, Atalanta isn’t sure what to make of Kahina. As her connection to Atalanta deepens, Kahina finds herself in danger of breaking Artemis’ second rule.

She helps Atalanta devise a dangerous game to avoid marriage, and word spreads throughout Greece, attracting suitors willing to tempt fate to go up against Atalanta in a race for her hand. But when the men responsible for both the girls’ dark pasts arrive, the game turns deadly.

message 2: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Starting now :) sorry I’m late!

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46593 comments Mod
Reading this one this month :D

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Are you guys still planning to start this on the 17th? Could I join you when you start?

I won't be getting to it on the 17th, but I am still planning on it :)

message 6: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments I don't know that I'll start today but if not, I will definitely start this weekend. Feel free to join us! :)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Awesome!!

Yeah I plan to read this one on Sunday!

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Ok Im starting this today got busy yesterday and did not get to start it!

Who knows when I'll read this now... I actually have no idea, because standalones don't count for next 2 months...

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments That’s why I definitely want to get it done before November!

Fair point. I think I'll just let it fall for a few more months -_-

message 13: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Ugh, I'm reading a lot slower that I want to be at the moment. Hoping to at least read the first chapter before I fall asleep tonight!

message 14: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments yay! I actually started this last night

chapters 1-3: (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I've started but I have just made it past chapter one. Ill update once I get farther along. I got to say though Greek names though....lot of ~ieous'. Makes the book a little harder to sink into I hope we get some nicknames soon lol.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Outrun the Wind by Elizabeth Tammi
20% (view spoiler)

message 17: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Tiera wrote: "Outrun the Wind by Elizabeth Tammi
20% [spoilers removed]"

I'm not sure where this is going either... (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments 50% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments 75% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Was it good?

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I mean it wasn’t that the writing was bad or even juvenile it was just kind of boring and I wasn’t super attached to the characters and half the time I forgot whose view I was even in.

I've found that to be a case with quite a few Netgalleys.. I feel like sometimes they're just nothing books, and sometimes you get real good ones.

message 24: by CallMeSensei (new)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments I've been having real trouble getting past 30%... It's just not keeping me in it at all :/

Oh no! I'll hopefully be getting to this in a few weeks!