Imperial Stout (Trouble Brewing, #1) Imperial Stout discussion

BR with Karen, Simone and Christelle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 285 (285 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Christelle Hello my darlings :-)
It feels like ages since our last BR, LOL. I'm so ready to get some goodness and I count on you for going overboard with sexy pics to compliment this BR and this book !!

See you around 6.30 PM (12.30 in Canada).

Meanwhile, have both a great day, mwah !!

Simone Hey my lovelies!

It's been ages since our last BR. LOL. Can't wait to start this baby with you later and I'll do a combo thing of listening to the audiobook and reading. I hope Tristan James will prod me to read faster. ;-)

Enjoy your day/morning until then! :)

Karen Hi, I'm here...sort of. I have a couple of things to take care of quickly and then I"ll be right back and I have to admit Simone, I've also got the audio but I'm going to try and refrain from listening to it on audio until after our buddy read. Ok, I'll be back in 5 or 10 minutes and ready to go.

Simone Karen wrote: "Hi, I'm here...sort of. I have a couple of things to take care of quickly and then I"ll be right back and I have to admit Simone, I've also got the audio but I'm going to try and refrain from liste..."

LOL. Hi Karen! I decided to only read too. For now. LOL. If I fall behind too much, it's at least a way to catch up with you. ;-)

Karen Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Hi, I'm here...sort of. I have a couple of things to take care of quickly and then I"ll be right back and I have to admit Simone, I've also got the audio but I'm going to try and refr..."

That sounds like a good plan & I'm ready to begin if you both are? And good morning to both of you. I've brought our friend along with me...hopefully he'll make you both smile and brighten your day a little...
description

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Hi, I'm here...sort of. I have a couple of things to take care of quickly and then I"ll be right back and I have to admit Simone, I've also got the audio but I'm going ..."

Aww, hello gorgeous! Both of you! LOL

I'm ready to go as well. My dinner will be ready in five minutes, but I can read and eat at the same time. ;-)

Christelle Hello Karen, hello Simone :-)

I hope you're both doing well.
For an unknown reason to me, I keep mixing "a little bit like desire" ans "Imperial Stout". I even downloaded the first yesterday before realizing my mistake. That would have made for quite a weird discussion, LOL.
I see you have your friend with you, Karen. Enjoy !! I hope I will get to also find a sexy guy this evening to bring a smile on my face. At least, I have you both, mwah.

So, let's start !!

Simone Christelle wrote: "Hello Karen, hello Simone :-)

I hope you're both doing well.
For an unknown reason to me, I keep mixing "a little bit like desire" ans "Imperial Stout". I even downloaded the first yesterday befo..."

Hahaha! I just remembered to switch to the book instead of going on with my current one. LOL. Three different books... Now that would have made an interesting discussion...

Simone Oh, and I might have started already... LOL

Christelle Simone wrote: "Now that would have made an interesting discussion... "

Just like a discussion our two moms could have together : no clue about what is being said, LOL !!!

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Now that would have made an interesting discussion... "

Just like a discussion our two moms could have together : no clue about what is being said, LOL !!!"

LMAO! True! I just had this kind of discussion with my mom today... It was hilarious when we clarified what we meant in the end. ;-)

Karen Damn I forgot to read 'Blended Whiskey' I remembered to get a copy and then forgot to read it, oh well I can read it later today.

Simone Phew... Barely in and I'm already out of breath. LOL. That was quite a start. ;-)

Karen Simone wrote: "Phew... Barely in and I'm already out of breath. LOL. That was quite a start. ;-)"

Definitely action packed.

Simone Karen wrote: "Damn I forgot to read 'Blended Whiskey' I remembered to get a copy and then forgot to read it, oh well I can read it later today."

That's the only one I didn't reread, but I hope I'll remember enough. ;-)

Simone Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

Karen Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

Works for me...you know what else works for me the thought of Tristan James narrating this book...this is so totally right up his alley...he's going to nail it, I'm sure of it. Honestly can't wait to hear it. Ok, I'm starting chapter 2 now.

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

Works for me...you know what else works for me the thought of Tristan James narrating thi..."

Yeah well, I'm still not his biggest fan, but I got used to his narration. Sort of. ;-)
Starting chapter 2 now as well.

Simone Bowers was already an asshole in Barrel proof and even more so now. Goddammit, what an idiot!

Christelle Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

LOL : goodies are always welcome :-)
I struggle to imagine Cam and Nic anyway : didn't pay enough attention when reading the previous books.

I'm late : only at where Cam complains for his 2.5$ soda (5% on my kindle) : may he never come to live in France, LOL !!

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

I struggle to imagine Cam and Nic anyway : didn't pa..."

Damn, I wanted to post some pics, but they are in the closed Facebook group, so you can't see them.
Cam is the guy on the cover according to the author. Nic had brown hair in Cask Strength, but seemed to got a bit more grey over time. LOL

Simone What do you think of him as a surrogate for Cam?

Karen Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

I struggle to imagine Cam and Nic..."

I'm back not sure for how long because GR seems to be questionable at best here. But yes, Bowers is totally an a**hole and getting bigger by the minute.

So Cam is the person on the cover in the foreground and Nic is the one in the background is what your saying? I like that they both fit the images I had pictured.

What I can I say, Simone we both know I'm a die hard Tristan Rogers fan, lol!

Christelle Well, well, well....Works veryyyyyy fine for me :-) Adopted !!

Simone test

Simone Another test to see if GR has its sh*t together again

Simone GR is working on and off for me right now... I told Christelle via WhatsApp that I keep reading and I'm at 10% right now with Nic questioning Abby. I hope you can read this, Karen.

Simone I just got an email that I friend liked an update of mine, so I hope that means it will work again.

Simone Ahhh, now it doesn't take ages anymore to post a comment. *sigh of relief*

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

I struggle to imag..."

Yes, that was exactly what I was saying. LOL. Cam is the one in the front and Nic in the background.

I know you do! It's just that I like the character voices being more distinctive and Tristan James can't pull that off. Even his female voices sound like a man speaking and that's not really my thing, but like I said, I got used to him by now. ;)

Christelle Yeap : it seems much better :-)

Simone Christelle wrote: "Well, well, well....Works veryyyyyy fine for me :-) Adopted !!"

His name is Alex Prange. :)

Christelle Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Well, well, well....Works veryyyyyy fine for me :-) Adopted !!"

His name is Alex Prange. :)"

I'm soooo behind : let me check him on google, LOL !!
The Nic on the cover though ? Not sure I like him for the visual :-(

Simone I'm still not much further into the book than 11%. My dad just came home and I had to update him on the tire situation. LOL.

Christelle Simone wrote: "I'm still not much further into the book than 11%. My dad just came home and I had to update him on the tire situation. LOL."

I've only started chapter 3 (at 11% for me). The heat is just going down a bit so I'm beginning to be a bit more at ease and concentrate.

What about you, Karen ?? Still with us ?

Christelle Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Well, well, well....Works veryyyyyy fine for me :-) Adopted !!"

Checked on Google : yep, definitely sold **grinning**

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Well, well, well....Works veryyyyyy fine for me :-) Adopted !!"

I'm soooo behind : let me check him on google, LOL !!
The Nic on the..."

What about him?

Don't have a name, though. :(

Karen Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

I st..."

Really? I don't mind his female voices and while I have to admit sometimes his voices maybe aren't as distinctive as they could be I never have problem recognizing which character is speaking. I think it's a tone thing. I know when people have hearing problems the register certain tones better than others so I can't imagine that this doesn't hold true for people without hearing problems as well. So probably the tone of his voice is one that registers well for me and interestingly enough I do actually have a hearing problem as I have Tinitus.

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "I'm still not much further into the book than 11%. My dad just came home and I had to update him on the tire situation. LOL."

I've only started chapter 3 (at 11% for me). The heat i..."

Umm, I thought you said you are behind. LOL. I'm not even there. Two more pages to go... But I have an excuse, looking up baby silver foxes. LOL

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Okay, not the right complexion nor the right place, but probably how it went down... ;-)

"

LOL : goodies are always w..."

Could be it. Sometimes you hear a bit of an accent, especially when Aidan is talking, but not always, but you are right, it could totally be a hearing thing. I usually hear pretty well, but maybe not when it comes to TJ. LOL.
But we can't love them all and that's fine... ;-)

message 41: by Simone (last edited Jul 27, 2018 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simone Starting chapter #3 now as well. :)

EDIT: and holy hell! There seems to be more to it than just a simple heist going down.

Karen Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "I'm still not much further into the book than 11%. My dad just came home and I had to update him on the tire situation. LOL."

I've only started chapter 3 (at 11% ..."

Hi, I'm back I just had to step away for a few minutes and it seems that I'm at 19% but I'm betting that it's more likely around maybe 16% since we tend to have about a 3% difference between your e-readers and mine more often than not. Sorry ladies, I have to say while both of those men are very easy on the eyes they're not working for me in the Nic & Cam department...too young looking even the baby silver fox. I think I'm just being really finicky this time around.

Christelle Simone wrote: "Starting chapter #3 now as well. :)"

Ahahah…..I loved that you let me catch up by looking for nice pics :-)

Your Nic is not bad, not bad at all.

I knew I could rely on my BR partners, <3

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "I'm still not much further into the book than 11%. My dad just came home and I had to update him on the tire situation. LOL."

I've only started cha..."

Too young? Really? But they are just in their thirties, right? So I wouldn't say they are too young...

Ugh, I'm at 12% now, so you are way ahead of me. LOL

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Starting chapter #3 now as well. :)"

Ahahah…..I loved that you let me catch up by looking for nice pics :-)

Your Nic is not bad, not bad at all.

I knew I could rely on my BR part..."

LOL. That was exactly my intention. Not. LOL. Now I'm eating your dust again. *sigh*

Christelle Karen wrote: "Sorry ladies, I have to say while both of those men are very easy on the eyes they're not working for me in the Nic & Cam department...too young looking even the baby silver fox. I think I'm just being really finicky this time around. ."

LOL : Cam looks a bit young, I admit, but I don't care :-) Too good to pass ;-)
As for Nic, he's not a silver fox (only around forty with "some silver hair", but so far, I've never seen any pics on the net with men "in the middle" : shame, shame, shame !!

Simone Christelle wrote: "Karen wrote: "Sorry ladies, I have to say while both of those men are very easy on the eyes they're not working for me in the Nic & Cam department...too young looking even the baby silver fox. I th..."

On the pic in the group he looks much older! More like the guy on the cover... But that doesn't fit with my imagination at all. LOL

Christelle Simone wrote: "On the pic in the group he looks much older! More like the guy on the cover... But that doesn't fit with my imagination at all. LOL "

I'm soooo bad at giving ages. One of my friends keeps making fun of me because of that. When I tell her I've seen a nice-looking guy, she always ask me if he's legal, LOL...thus my nickname "the cougar" !!!

Simone An alternative...

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "On the pic in the group he looks much older! More like the guy on the cover... But that doesn't fit with my imagination at all. LOL "

I'm soooo bad at giving ages. One of my friends..."

LOL. Yeah, I'm not good at it, either. The guy in the pic above is 45, so maybe too old. ;-)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6