Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Group Reads > September 2018 Group Read Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Jul 26, 2018 08:13PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4746 comments Mod
It's time for us to nominate our September group read theme. The theme can be anything you like that is within the action/adventure genre or with a high level of action/adventure content. It's up to you. Just pick one!

We're not looking for books at this time, just a theme. Feel free to include a description or definition of the theme you're interested in nominating.

The poll will go up on August 2nd.

Suggestions so Far:

*Femme Fatale

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I'm nominating Femme Fatale, in other words, a book with a strong, kickbutt female action lead.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 2912 comments Mod
I'd like that but they're hard to find. I thin k I'll second Danielle's nomination and if it wins see what gets nominated.

message 4: by M.E. (new)

M.E. | 23 comments I'll third Femme Fatale.

message 5: by Mike (the Paladin) (last edited Jul 27, 2018 02:20PM) (new)

I'd expand it to the "kick-butt" female protagonist. "Femme Fatale" implies the using her sexual wilds type plot and I'd like to see it expanded to include tough female protagonists as in military, action adventure etc.

message 6: by M.E. (new)

M.E. | 23 comments I think that's what Danielle meant, or at least that was what I had in mind when I thirded it. :-)

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

M.E. wrote: "I think that's what Danielle meant, or at least that was what I had in mind when I thirded it. :-)"

That's indeed what I meant. I was using it as a broad term for tough kickbutt female protagonists.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

So it looks like we don't have any other theme suggestions, so femme fatale is our September theme.

Hope there are some nominations of books I haven't found...yet.