Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1)
This topic is about A Pie to Die for
Archive - Group Reads > A Pie to Die for by Stacey Alabaster (no spoilers) - August 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Aug 09, 2018 01:09PM) (new)

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
Hello fellow Cozy Mystery readers! This discussion is about A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1) by Stacey Alabaster, your host is Jenny.

Please note no spoilers should be revealed in this discussion.
A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1) by Stacey Alabaster

Summary

Rachael will do anything to protect her bakery from the evil Bakermatic Baked Goods Company, but does that include murder?

When a food critic dies after sampling a pie from Rachael’s Bakery, she is quickly labeled the prime suspect. When the police doubt her story of innocence, she has no choice but to find the real killer. With carefree best friend, Pippa, Rachael sets out on a mission to save her bakery, but it could ultimately cost her and her best friend everything.

Lynn | 15 comments I started reading it about half an hour ago. It's going to be a fast read, I can tell. I mean, I am already at 14% ! I have never been a big fan of first person point of view but I do like this book so far. Cozy mysteries can be very enjoyable to read. I will share my thoughts in the spoiler thread once I finish it and once August 1st hits :)

message 3: by Jenny (last edited Jul 29, 2018 05:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenny (diggensjenny) I am glad you are enjoying reading A Pie to Die for Dlyn.

message 4: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1250 comments Mod
I wish I could participate in this read but I can't find the book. I hope ya'll have fun with this one, "food" cozies are my favorites.

Jenny (diggensjenny) ⊱✿Gem✿⊰ wrote: "I wish I could participate in this read but I can't find the book. I hope ya'll have fun with this one, "food" cozies are my favorites."

Sorry, Gem I thought this cozy would be easy to find. No worries, Gem.

Ninna | 32 comments In case no one saw this and is having trouble finding the book, Amazon has the first three books for $.99 on kindle and the whole 15 book series for $2.99. I love cozy mysteries so I am very excited about this group! I plan to start reading over the weekend! Yay!

Jenny (diggensjenny) Ninna wrote: "In case no one saw this and is having trouble finding the book, Amazon has the first three books for $.99 on kindle and the whole 15 book series for $2.99. I love cozy mysteries so I am very excited..."

Welcome, Ninna and thank you for the information.

I had a dreadful day when I started reading this book by the end of the book I was laughing so much that I forget what upset me in the first place.

message 8: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan | 30 comments Ninna wrote: "In case no one saw this and is having trouble finding the book, Amazon has the first three books for $.99 on kindle and the whole 15 book series for $2.99. I love cozy mysteries so I am very excite..."

Yes, I bought it one day this week for .99 on Amazon, hope it's still that cheap. I also saw that really cheap series deal but thought I'd wait to make sure I liked it. So good luck!!

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I just read this today. It is very short, but I think the series has great potential.

There wasn't a whole bunch of recipes and people going on and on about cooking/baking. The characters were fun and I always like a little romantic interest thrown in!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Pie to Die for (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stacey Alabaster (other topics)