Sacramento readers discussion

Sacramento Authorr

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nat (new)

Nat Fladager (natfladager) | 3 comments Hi! I'm Nat and I'm a writer in in Sacramento. I wanted to share that I have two books on Amazon that are based in Sacramento and the surrounding area. If anyone was interested, I would be happy to give away a few copies:) They are called The Short Lives of Lobsters and Warp, they are both character-based fantasy fiction.

message 2: by Di (new)

Di Richardson Hi Nat! I would love to read your books!

message 3: by Di (new)

Di Richardson Hi Nat! I am a sci fi fan and would love to read your books!

message 4: by Nat (new)

Nat Fladager (natfladager) | 3 comments Di wrote: "Hi Nat! I am a sci fi fan and would love to read your books!" Hi Di! That would be awesome! If you want to give me your email, I can purchase them for you:)

message 5: by Nat (new)

Nat Fladager (natfladager) | 3 comments Nat wrote: "Di wrote: "Hi Nat! I am a sci fi fan and would love to read your books!" Hi Di! That would be awesome! If you want to give me your email, I can purchase them for you:)" Awesome! If you message me your email, I can gift them to you!

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben Haskett | 7 comments Never occurred to me before right now to search for Sacramento-based groups. So this is cool. Nat, your books sound interesting, and since they're priced so nicely, I went ahead and nabbed them both. I look forward to reading them.

message 7: by Randall (new)

Randall Barsch | 6 comments Ben wrote: "Never occurred to me before right now to search for Sacramento-based groups. So this is cool. Nat, your books sound interesting, and since they're priced so nicely, I went ahead and nabbed them bot..."

This group is unfortunately not really active anymore. I'm also a Sacramento author, somewhat new to the goodreads scene, but I've been trying to think of ways to get this group more active again, because I like the idea of networking within my community.

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben Haskett | 7 comments Hi, Randall! Yeah, I do see that most of the threads are a couple years old. Would be cool to connect with more Sacramento-based authors. I wonder if there's, specifically, a Sacramento author group? Where we could perhaps read/review each other's works...

message 9: by Randall (new)

Randall Barsch | 6 comments I've searched Sacramento based groups before and this is the biggest which is why I've felt that it would be best to try and revitalize it as opposed to creating yet another Sacramento-based group, but maybe I should try and do just that?

message 10: by John (new)

John Turner | 10 comments CALLING ALL SACRAMENTO AREA READERS!

IS THERE ANY INTEREST IN MAYBE A MONTHLY MEMBER’S GATHERING OR MEETING?

Perhaps a formal book club reading a specific monthly genre? Or a time to just chat with other readers? Trade books? Meet at a central location: library, bookstore, pizza parlor or coffee shop?

Give me your interest or feedback and I will proctor the first meet(s).