What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1)
This topic is about When She Said I Do
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Unknown historical romance title/author but know a detailed plot. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caroline Carlson | 2 comments this is a historical romance novel. it starts with a women named Cassiopeia, her brother, Daedalus and their parents "break-in" a run down house when they are caught in a storm. Cassiopeia wanders the house where the owner, a recluse lord, thinks she is a thief. She ends up breaking a really expensive pearl necklace. Cassiopeia and the mysterious lord marry. He makes a deal with Cassiopeia that she can win her freedom by doing favors in exchange for pearls. Unknown to them, her family tries to come up with a way to get her away from the badly disfigured lord. The youngest sister came up with a murderous plan by sending the happy couple a anonymous gift of ginger sweets. Cassiopeia was able to host a ball at her new home where the town sees her husband for who he truly is, a war hero who was knighted.

i am pretty sure that the cover is dark in color and that either on the front or back there is a picture of a back of a women wearing a strand of pearls. but then again, i could be imagining things. i read this book within the last few years, most likely 2016-2017; though it was not a new book. i am also pretty sure that this is the beginning of a serious about Cassiopeia's family. She is the either the oldest but is at least the oldest daughter. she has younger sisters and three brothers. Daedalus and the twins Castor and Pollux. i don't remember the main hero's name. Please help.

message 2: by Aerulan (last edited Jul 26, 2018 04:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aerulan | 1227 comments When She Said I Do by Celeste Bradley. You were a little off on the heroine's name (it's Calliope which is pretty close) but otherwise it's exactly this book.

Caroline Carlson | 2 comments Aerulan wrote: "When She Said I Do by Celeste Bradley. You were a little off on the heroine's name (it's Calliope which is pretty close) but otherwise it's exactly this book."

thank you so much. this has been bothering me for days. i even tried to go through all my books to try to find it.

Aerulan | 1227 comments Caroline wrote: "thank you so much. this has been bothering me for days. i even tried to go through all my books to try to find it...."

You're welcome!