Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Any Beta Readers for Contemporary YA/NA?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Ryker (richardryker) | 6 comments Hi all,

If you're interested in being a beta reader for my 59k novel, below, send me a note. Thanks!

A father she’s never met may be the one to make her dreams of Julliard come true. But only if she hides the truth from him.

Twenty-year-old Brittany can’t remember a time when music wasn’t part of her life. She’s spent every extra penny on voice lessons and the acoustic guitar she keeps in the trunk of her car.

When one of the most prestigious music conservatories in the country offers her a partial scholarship, there’s still no guarantee she’ll make it to New York.

Two years ago, in a misguided attempt to save her mother from more jail time, Brittany was arrested for assisting her drug-dealing step-father. It was a stupid mistake. Things took a turn for the worse when Brittany was denied a student loan because of her drug conviction.

But she’s not willing to give up on her dreams.

When Brittany’s mom dies, she leaves her a letter explaining for the first time who her father is—Thomas Smith, a popular small town doctor and politician. More important, he has money, and if Brittany can gain his trust, he might be her ticket to Julliard.

Despite a few bumps in the road—mostly caused by Thomas’ wife and daughter—Brittany grows closer to Thomas. He even lets her move in to his mini-mansion. Soon Brittany has a better job—and a new love interest.

But she’s running out of time to tell Thomas the truth, that she needs help paying for college. That means being honest about her past.

It may be too late. When Thomas’ political opponents find out the truth about Brittany’s drug conviction, they try to blackmail her into undermining Thomas’ reputation.

Will Brittany choose loyalty to a man she’s just met or a chance at obtaining a lifelong dream?

Miss Someday is a novel about the power of love, dreams, and family devotion.

message 2: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Strader | 11 comments I sent you a message. Would love to give feedback on the first chapter...possibly more😀

message 3: by Missy (new)

Missy | 1 comments I would love to give you some feed back on this...It sounds pretty good.