The Witch of Blackbird Pond The Witch of Blackbird Pond discussion

Best Book Ever...?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (last edited Jul 26, 2018 10:34AM) (new) - added it

Julie What is YOUR favorite book and why? I LOVED The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I read it in Elementary School and have been obsessed with witches, ever since!

: )

Nihita I remember reading this one too when I was a kid. I just don't remember what the plot was. Maybe I will check it out again

message 3: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Nihita wrote: "I remember reading this one too when I was a kid. I just don't remember what the plot was. Maybe I will check it out again"
Definitely! It was one of the first books I remember checking out of my elementary school library.

Kate I just recently re-read this book. I loved it as a child and I wanted to see if it still held up. (I also loved A Wrinkle in Time; I re-read that and positively cringed at how bad it was.) . I was glad to find that I still absolutely love(d) this book and it was like visiting with an old friend and finding that the magic was still there.

message 5: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Kate wrote: "I just recently re-read this book. I loved it as a child and I wanted to see if it still held up. (I also loved A Wrinkle in Time; I re-read that and positively cringed at how bad it was.) . I was ..."
Yes, I agree. Sometimes I think of the books I liked way back when, and cringe at them now! But this one still holds up!

Nihita Julie wrote: "Kate wrote: "I just recently re-read this book. I loved it as a child and I wanted to see if it still held up. (I also loved A Wrinkle in Time; I re-read that and positively cringed at how bad it w..."

I agree. Some books are timeless.

Kimberly Raupe I still have the book from school many many years ago. Could never part with it.

Taylor Emerick This has been a long time favorite of mine!