Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 65k romance - needs beta

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joan (last edited Jul 26, 2018 10:36AM) (new)

Joan Carney | 27 comments 65K romance seeking beta. A bit spicy, but not erotica.

Here's the blurb:

"The itch of ‘baby lust’ has prickled just under the surface of Tessa’s skin since she turned thirty. Five years have passed since her thirtieth birthday, and her obsessive nature has stoked the minor irritation into a full-blown fertility frenzy. She’s given up waiting for the right man to put a ring on her finger and, instead, decides to actively seek out a man with the right genes who will give her the child she wants with no further involvement. Love wasn’t in the plan, but Karma had other ideas."

Any honest feedback would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by John (new)

John Domenichini | 3 comments I like the blurb. I'd be willing to give this a shot.

message 3: by Joan (new)

Joan Carney | 27 comments Thank you so much. Let me know which format you prefer (pdf, mobi, epub) and where to send it.

message 4: by John (new)

John Domenichini | 3 comments Okay, I'll reach out to you individually.

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Hutchison | 21 comments Would you be willing to trade beta services?

message 6: by Joan (new)

Joan Carney | 27 comments I can do that. What kind of book is it and what are you looking for.

message 7: by Richard (new)

Richard Hutchison | 21 comments It is a contemporary romance approaching 70K. I am still queaking the falling action but hope to be done this week.

message 8: by Joan (new)

Joan Carney | 27 comments I don't know what you mean by "falling action." I'm not great at editing grammar, but I can point out obvious mistakes and give you a general overview of how the story might be received, if it lags in spots, etc. I've committed to one story this week, but I can get to your next week if that's good enough.

message 9: by John (new)

John Domenichini | 3 comments Joan, I read your novel and have sent some comments to you. I'm not sure if I have the right email address, though.