Addicted to YA discussion

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
This topic is about To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Movies and TV Shows > To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer (jennifer_liang) What do you think of the upcoming movie?

Ceridwenn | 2 comments I’m really excited about it. It looks like it’s going to be fun.., I’ve seen quite a few things that were exactly like the book (or so it seems): when she bakes cupcakes and I’ve seen Peter’s hand in Lara Jean’s back pocket 😁
What about you?

Leila (booksandaydreams) | 295 comments I'm a bit nervous to watch it because if it disappoints me then I'll never forget it.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments I didn't like the book very much but the movie looks cute and funny!

Gala (galaer) | 88 comments I can't wait for it! I loved the books, so I have high expectations for the movie!

jessica (tanglesofjess) I really enjoyed the book, so I’m looking forward to the movie. I’m just really nervous that the movie won’t meet my expectations!

message 7: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 23 comments I haven't read the book (I've read some of her other books), but the trailer makes the movie look cute.

message 8: by FloorM (new)

FloorM I haven't read the book yet, but I watched the movie (wrong order, I know). I really liked the movie! Of course I can't really say anything about how well the book was translated into the movie :)

AnnaNeverLands | 76 comments FloorM wrote: "I haven't read the book yet, but I watched the movie (wrong order, I know). I really liked the movie! Of course I can't really say anything about how well the book was translated into the movie :)"

I've read the book and watched the movie 5 times already. In my opinion it's a great adaptation and I absolutely love both the book and the movie.

message 10: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 32 comments AnnaNeverLands wrote: "FloorM wrote: "I haven't read the book yet, but I watched the movie (wrong order, I know). I really liked the movie! Of course I can't really say anything about how well the book was translated int..."

I didn't like the movie :/. I though the acting was bad and I wished Peter was hotter and don't get me started on the nerd they will have playing John Ambrose McClarren! lol

I also didn't like how they truncated it and cut things out. Also I hated how she called her sister "Margot" and not "Go-go"...just little things like that made me not sold on the movie...I ADORE the series!

Leila (booksandaydreams) | 295 comments Judy wrote: "AnnaNeverLands wrote: "FloorM wrote: "I haven't read the book yet, but I watched the movie (wrong order, I know). I really liked the movie! Of course I can't really say anything about how well the ..."

I agree. I felt like the whole sister relationship wasn't truly fleshed out. The Song sisters are special and they should have more screen time together.

message 12: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa (bookishmushroom) | 73 comments So about two hours ago I finished the book, and I just saw the movie. I really enjoyed the book. It was a good adaptation but those were the fastest 99 minutes of my life. Everything has happening so fast and I wish they could've incorporated more details regarding to the book. Like for example the donuts...or Peter's car, that really threw me off guard. I was expecting the whole car crash scene because I thought that was so cute. Also, Gen was sooooo mean. Like, I just read the book and I don't remember her being that mean. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie.

message 13: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 32 comments Read by Isa wrote: "So about two hours ago I finished the book, and I just saw the movie. I really enjoyed the book. It was a good adaptation but those were the fastest 99 minutes of my life. Everything has happening ..."

OMG his car through me too!! I expected an audi..i expected more cutesie moments....idk, the movie was just okay to me

message 14: by Judy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 32 comments Leila wrote: "Judy wrote: "AnnaNeverLands wrote: "FloorM wrote: "I haven't read the book yet, but I watched the movie (wrong order, I know). I really liked the movie! Of course I can't really say anything about ..."

AGREED!!

message 15: by xrii (new) - rated it 5 stars

xrii | 1 comments I haven't read the book either , but I have watched the movie and it was good I guess . However I have read the trilogy the summer I woke up beautiful by the same author and I am sure this trilogy is going to be great too .