Entrepreneur Book Club discussion

Past Book Nominations > Nominations for September Book Read

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (on semi-hiatus) (last edited Jul 27, 2018 01:24AM) (new)

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) Please ensure the book you nominate is currently in commercial print and available widely to ensure all members can participate.

Please remember you may only nominate one book.

Nominations shall close at 11:59 pm PDT on 31st July

So far nominations are:

1. Everything I Need to Know About Business I Learned from Hip-Hop: A Millennial's Guide to Making Bank by Giles Miller - nominated by Giles

2. The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday - nominated by Gerben

3. The Storyteller's Secret: How the World's Most Inspiring Leaders Turn Their Passion Into Performance by Carmine Gallo - nominated by Peter

message 2: by Gerben (new)

Gerben | 11 comments I'm currently reading 'The obstacle is the way' by Ryan Holiday, I'm almost half-way through it. It is more in the 'self-help' category, only not one of those b*llsh*t-books (as I call it). It looks really useful for entrepreneurs and I would love to hear your opinions about it.

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) Do you want to nominate for August read?

message 4: by Peter (on semi-hiatus) (last edited Jul 27, 2018 01:16AM) (new)

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) I would also like to provide a contribution this month, The Storyteller's Secret: How the World's Most Inspiring Leaders Turn Their Passion Into Performance by Carmine Gallo

Much of what we do in the early stage of startups, is to tell stories and to do that in a concise, passionate and impactful way is a real skill. This book gives insights into those that are great at it and the techniques they use.

message 5: by Gerben (new)

Gerben | 11 comments Yes, I would like to nominate 'The obstacle is the way' by Ryan Holiday.

message 6: by Gerben (new)

Gerben | 11 comments The book you suggested looks like a great follow-up for the previous nominated book 'Start With Why' by Simon Sinek.

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) Great point. It's a skill I feel is very important for entrepreneurs to have.

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) Hi All, August was a complete washout and we didn't manage to select a book for the month. Can I suggest that we select from the books above for a September book of the month?

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) Nabhodipto wrote: "Peter wrote: "Hi All, August was a complete washout and we didn't manage to select a book for the month. Can I suggest that we select from the books above for a September book of the month?"
sounds..."

Can you go onto the poll that's running and cast your vote

Peter (on semi-hiatus) (peterdonnelly) We have selected The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday as our September 2018 read of the month.