Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Featured Series and Cozies > A Dog Lover's Mystery (A New Leash on Death) by Susan Conant

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 2456 comments Mod
A New Leash on Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #1) by Susan Conant Holly Winter's life is going to the dogs, but that's just fine with her. She's a feisty, 30-something dog-lover, and her expertise in the breeding, training, and caring for canines is just one of her inbred talents. She's also a grand champion at tracking down criminals of the two-legged kind.

Other books in the series:
Dead and Doggone (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #2) by Susan Conant A Bite of Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #3) by Susan Conant Paws Before Dying (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #4) by Susan Conant Bloodlines (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #5) by Susan Conant Gone to the Dogs (A Dog Lover's Mystery #6) by Susan Conant Ruffly Speaking (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #7) by Susan Conant Black Ribbon (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #8) by Susan Conant Stud Rites by Susan Conant Animal Appetite (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #10) by Susan Conant The Barker Street Regulars (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #11) by Susan Conant Evil Breeding (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #12) by Susan Conant Creature Discomforts (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #13) by Susan Conant The Wicked Flea (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #14) by Susan Conant The Dogfather (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #15) by Susan Conant Bride & Groom (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #16) by Susan Conant Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17) by Susan Conant All Shots (A Dog Lover's Mystery #18) by Susan Conant Brute Strength by Susan Conant Sire and Damn (Dog Lover's Mysteries Book 20) by Susan Conant

message 2: by Alice (new)

Alice | 459 comments I have read a couple of these years ago and quite enjoyed them.

message 3: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments Even though I don't like dogs in general, all the books and characters, as well as the dogs, are fun to read about.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) ☯Emily wrote: "Even though I don't like dogs in general, all the books and characters, as well as the dogs, are fun to read about."

Much like I don't particularly like cats, but some of the books featuring them aren't bad.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 131 comments Picking up book 1 at the library tonight. I read one over a decade ago & it was out of sequence so basically this series is new to me.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris This was ok - I have read the later ones and they were much better - I did like the concept of the plot and did like characters. I just wish it was more detailed.

message 7: by ☯Emily (last edited Aug 17, 2018 09:29AM) (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 1408 comments I just finished A Bite of Death. I liked how Holly thinks like a dog and relates better to dogs than humans. I was not crazy about the "mystery." I thought one of the murders made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I think the later books are much better.