What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Road to Paris
This topic is about The Road to Paris
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. African American sibling foster kids — read in elementary school. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨ (faithm99) | 35 comments I read this book in either the 4th or 5th grade about these siblings that were either almost or actually split up and went to different foster homes after something happened and they were taken away from their parents. I don't remember much, but I think the title was worded like a question or a phrase (like "losing hope" or something like that, and the kids were African American.

message 2: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1220 comments There's Peace, Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson. If this is not it, when were you in the 4th or 5th grade? Did the book seem old or new at the time?

✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨ (faithm99) | 35 comments 2008 and '09, and I think it might have been new or not that old, but honestly, I don't know. It seemed to be based in the modern era, but could have been anywhere from the 80s to today, tbh, given the subject matter.

✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨ (faithm99) | 35 comments No, it's not that book

✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨ (faithm99) | 35 comments I remember that the little girl's name was in the title, a part of the phrase, like a double meaning

message 6: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1220 comments How about, The Road to Paris

✨faith✨trust✨pixiedust✨ (faithm99) | 35 comments YES I think that's it! Thanks, Adele!

message 8: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1220 comments You're very welcome. :-)