Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner, #2)
This topic is about Stalking Darkness
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Stalking the Darkness [Aug 15, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Buddy Read starts August 15.

Bill | 2150 comments I’m in.

Bill | 2150 comments Starting tonight. Anyone else reading?

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments I will start tonight..

Bill | 2150 comments Awesome. I’m not alone.

message 6: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Have fun! It is even better than the first book imo :)

message 7: by Bill (last edited Aug 15, 2018 04:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I’m like halfway though the book and having a hard time really connecting with the story. I can’t really explain why but the pieces are just not coming together for me so far.

I saw in the thread for the first book someone mentioned this series m/m relationship but I just don’t see that with the two mains.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments 20% done and I am quite liking it so far. (view spoiler) oh, and that prologue was fantastic!

I saw in the thread for the first book someone mentioned this series m/m relationship but I just don’t see that with the two mains.

Seregil's thoughts... (view spoiler)
So I think this book will see them coming more closer to each other than them starting a relation...

Bill | 2150 comments Yeah I saw that too but it seems one sided so far. I don’t think there has been any mention of Alec’s sexuality outside of that whole Ylinestra scene. I’m interested to see how it develops and over what time frame.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Bill wrote: "Yeah I saw that too but it seems one sided so far. I don’t think there has been any mention of Alec’s sexuality outside of that whole Ylinestra scene. I’m interested to see how it develops and over..."

still having a hard time connecting to the story?

message 11: by Bill (last edited Aug 16, 2018 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I’ve only read a bit further but it is starting to grab me a bit more. I think it feels a bit disjointed to me. There is a war coming but we don’t really know anything about the opponents except for the two villains. Alec and Seregil are also doing small tasks to combat the war so I think it is hard to get a grasp of the scale of the story. So I think there is a difference in what we are told and the actions of the characters that keeps me from being fully immersed. Not sure I’m really explaining it in a coherent matter.

I’m about to start listening again so will update later.

message 12: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Where are you with this one guys? I admit I forgot about this (*ducking head shamefully*).

But I'll start today. :)

message 13: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I’m just about done.

The second half has really picked up. I’m really liking Beka’s parts.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Laura, are you reading this?

Am reading it slowly and liking it very much.

@Bill - how was it for you? 3 stars... just okay?

message 15: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I'm going at a snail pace with it. Not even quarter in. But I'll try and make a dent in it tonight.

And I also like it for now.

When are we starting Martha Wells Manju?

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Can we start Wells over weekend? KD are the only books that I am able to read at a stretch right now, everything else I am a turtle... Hope by weekend I will be able to wrap up Lord of Chaos..

message 17: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments It was just okay for me overall but I really liked the second half. I'm on mobile now and don't want to spoil anything so will add some thoughts when I get home.

message 18: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments @Manju - over the weekend is good for me. I'll try to finish this one in between and I also have Traitor's Knot starting in the morning.
My reading pace is screwed up also. Turtle turtle all around it seems. Hooe I'm not heading straight into a readimg slump. Had a phase like this at the beginning of the year and then once later on when I dropped from all already set BRs except select few.
And now I just remembered I was supposed to start Dragonmaster with Siobhan and I completely forgot about it.
Shit! (*running to search for that thread*)

message 19: by Bill (last edited Aug 21, 2018 05:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments On the relationship (view spoiler)

On Beka (view spoiler)

Is this series a trilogy with books added on or a full 7 book series? I’ve been getting the books from Hoopla but they only have the first 3 but saw that there are 7 books. I’m wondering because of the long break she took between books 3 and 4 if I can read it as a trilogy.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments finally finished this one and liked it better than the previous. it was a lot darker than first book and felt like it was a complete end (specially with Seregil and Alec).

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I've set it on hold for now. Will surely finish it before our BR for book 3 and it may take me another week before I get to open your comments but I'll get there.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Take your time.:)

message 23: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Manju wrote: "finally finished this one and liked it better than the previous. it was a lot darker than first book and felt like it was a complete end (specially with Seregil and Alec)."

Beka(view spoiler)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Bill wrote: "Manju wrote: "finally finished this one and liked it better than the previous. it was a lot darker than first book and felt like it was a complete end (specially with Seregil and Alec)."

Beka[spoi..."

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Bill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2150 comments (view spoiler)