Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Historical Adventure - 86,000 words

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Ibbetson (luciferbooks) | 3 comments I'm looking for beta readers for my story. It's a historical adventure novel where the English are having an endless borderland war with the starving Scots.

The story follows the siblings Frank and young Sophie Cassleberry of Yorkshire who are the grandchildren of King James the III. The King has remarried, to the sister of the Scottish King, and a new baby is expected.

When the Crown Prince and his son are poisoned, Sophie and Frank’s father is accused of murder and treachery. Soldiers are dispatched to Yorkshire, and Frank and Sophie forced to flee their home and will have to journey through treacherous weather to find their uncle, who is a Warden of the Borderlands.

If you're interested, please reply, thank you x

message 2: by mrharville (new)

mrharville | 16 comments * I would be more than happy to take a look at it, if you would like.

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Ibbetson (luciferbooks) | 3 comments awesome, thank you.

message 4: by David (new)

David Wilson | 95 comments I am new to beta reading but happy to give it a go. Email me at dkwillow@tpg.com.au with your expectations.

message 5: by William (new)

William Walters | 111 comments Newcastle is a 182030-word historical fiction about the Richards family, based on the plantation named Newcastle in South Carolina. The novel follows the family from the period just after the Revolutionary War to the opening days of the Civil War. The slave conversations in the opening chapters are written in Gullah the original slave language translated to English by footnotes.